1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 1.5k vs. nurgle.

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by OldBlood-Gar92, Jun 25, 2008.

1. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

OldBlood-Gar92 New Member

So i just lose my first game with lizardmen, and it was against nurgle. ( 14 - 1 ) :)
    But it was a pretty ugly battle. the nurgle army, had one chariot, three beasts of nurgle, three units of 15x plaguebearers, and one hell of a heroe.

After this, my list : If You see i still have 62 pts to fill in, and i'm open for any kind of help :D

1x Scar-Veteran + light armour + shield + Blade of Realities + blessed spawning of Quetzl = 139 pts.

1x Scar-Veteran + light armour + shield + scimitar of the sun resplendent + blessed spawning of Quetzl = 154 pts.

14x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer + blessed spawning of Sotek = 206 pts.

14x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer = 176 pts.

10x Skinks with blowpipes = 60 pts.

3x Kroxigor = 174 pts.

3x Kroxigor = 174 pts.

1x Stegadon = 235 pts.

TOTAL: 1438 Pts.

Thanks In Advance.

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Based upon your lack of war machine hunters, and your inclusion of the blade of realities, im guessing that this list is specifically designed to beat that player.

In which I case I have several suggestions. First, dont forget that because of the spawnings you selected, neither of your Scar Veterans can join the Sotek Saurus unit. While you could swap Quetzl for Sotek on one of your heroes, I would suggest instead that you change the spawning on the Saurus instead. Mith M4, you can never be very sure that you will get the charge off, meaning that your spawning will only be useful some of the time. Rather, you could give them a spawning such as Quetzl that is useful ALL of the time.

Speaking of the Saurus units, I am a bit confused as to their make-up. You need to take into account the psychology issues when you design these two units, as they will be your anvils (and by the inclusion of your heroes, expensive un-manuverable point sinks). To combat fear, I would suggest the inclusion of mucisians, as loosing by one because of a tie can lead to an auto-break due to fear. By including your Scar Veterans in your units, you make it clear that you want to win this battle through attrition, even though the whole concept of a Nurgle army is to win through attrition.

I would suggest including scout on some of the skink units, so that at an early point you can march block and bait away units from the Nurgle's battleline.

3. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

I'd like to see you swap the Steg for Salamanders too. As a new player, I find that the Salamanders are alot easier to use. Just point and shoot. They also have more wounds than the Stegy, so could be more forgiving when you make a mistake. Furthermore, adding the Sallies will help you thin out his infantry blocks. With the help of the Skinks, you could thin his ranks before you have to commit your Sarus blocks. As mentioned, your Skinks and Sarus could use the extra points anyways.

4. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

El_Collyero's comment reminded me of something that I overlooked, so I must agree with him. In the previous incarnation of plaguebearers, I would suggest a Stegadon due to the autohits. However, as plaguebearers have gained poison and lost the -1 to hit, it would seem that salamanders would be of more use. Poison attacks will negate the staying power which is the standard reason to take a Stegadon.

5. Ragnarok
    Skink

Ragnarok New Member

I would definatly try to fit some salamanders in the list.

Their flaming attacks will negate the plague bearers regeneration save.

6. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

So i Tried to put what you said and put a litlle more blocks (cavalary):

1x Scar-Veteran + light armour + Enchanted shield + Blade of Realities + blessed spawning of Quetzl = 147 pts.

1x Scar-Veteran + light armour + shield + scimitar of the sun resplendent + blessed spawning of Quetzl = 154 pts.

14x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer + musician = 182 pts.

14x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer + musician = 182 pts.

14x Skinks with blowpipes, Scouts = 88 pts.

4x Kroxigor = 232 pts.

5x Sauros Cavalary + Standard bearer + musician = 205 pts.

3x Salamanders hunting pack = 195 pts.

TOTAL : 1500 Pts.

7. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

i was thinking too, to put in the sauros cavalary unit the huanchi's banner, but i dont no if is that good agains this nurgle army. so, help :p

8. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

There are two real benefits of Huanchi's totem. The it allows you to move at a higher rate and charge from behind a screen, both of which are good against shooty armies and armies with lots of cavalry. Nurgle will have neither of these factors to worry about. The speediest opponent you will face should be the chariot, and you can probably deter it with your kroxigors. I feel that it would be a waste to include the banner, as the only logical way you could do this is to reduce your model count, which will be one of your advantages in the match-up

9. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

He's gonna hate seeing a full set of of Sallies on the table. I usually place them on one of my flanks, as they are an excellent deterrent. However, I bet he usually fields all three Nurgle units as the center of his army. Would make me want to drop the Sallies right in the middle too. Make him march into that nastiness.

10. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

So the army that way is good ? i am thinking to put one of my Scar-vet guys in a cold one, i think it would become the best unit of the army, and very nasty :D

11. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

While I would normally suggest fielding the Scar Veteran in the SCOR, i feel that your opponents army composition demands that you leave the scar veterans in the Saurus units. Although the Saurus are tough, they need to stick a plaguebearers unit long enough for your flankers to come to their aid. A Scar Veteran should ensure that the Saurus stick around and do not route due to fear. This is, however, a minor point and is largely dependent on how your normal tactics play out

12. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

ok, i understand your point, and it's really true ! thanks once again mate !