1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have you ever felt that your miniature cabinet is missing something? Don't fret, we have you covered.

Take a look at the awesome bust's offered by 3DArtDigital, they will look awesome on display.

Click here for more information.

Dismiss Notice

8th Ed. 1000 point Army list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by skinkyone, Apr 12, 2019.

1. skinkyone
    Cold One

skinkyone Active Member

Looking to get back into 8th edition (partially due to the dissapointment of no new seraphon)

I have took the plunge and started switching back to the old square bases and looking at advice on a starting 1k

Scar Vet
    Biting Blade, Stegadon Helm, light armour, shield.

Skink Priest
    Level 2 Lore of beasts, dispell scroll

29 Saurus Warriors with spears, full command.

10 skink skirmishers with blowpipes

10 skink skirmishers with javlin and shield

Stegadon with unstoppable stampede

++ Standard (Lizardmen - Army Book (2013-8) -V8.8.0.) [999pts] ++ +

2. livewaaaaagh
    Skink

livewaaaaagh Member

Welcome back to 8th!

Great 1000pt list, I think. At those levels, dealing with a Stegadon and 29 Suarus is not easy for anyone.

I personally prefer heavens to Beasts for the skink but that might be personal preference (lower casting values too, I think).

The biting blade might depend on who you are facing. If T3 army with LA , but if blade won’t do much. But otherwise, I like the list!

3. Scalenex
    OldBlood

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

No complaints. I think javelins and shields are slightly better than blowpipes against most opponents but I don't see a problem taking one of each. Blowpipe Skinks are better at taking down or at least softening up large single monsters.