1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1000 Points for fun tourney - to 1500 now

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by paulie99, Mar 28, 2019.

1. paulie99
    Skink

paulie99 Member

Greetings all!

I have received some great help in the general forum getting started, and so I'd like to post my list for an upcoming tourney in a few weeks. I am bringing an army comprised of what I built from 2 start collecting boxes so far. I'm not worried about winning, just want to have some fun at my first AoS event with my sons. The list is:

Scar-Vet on carny
    Saurus Oldblood on foot
    Sacr-vet on cold one
    2x5 Knights
    20 Warriors
    Troglodon

1000 pts.

I have an Astrolith Bearer, skink priest/starpriest, and can switch the scar-vet carny for an oldblood carny.

It's a melee based list, I should have the slann and other goodies when we go up to 1500 in May.

Any thoughts or tactical advice is most welcome (as I'm just starting out with the Seraphon).

Cheers!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I like the ScV on Carno better than Oldblood because his command ability should preform nicely on the Saurus Warriors. Seeing as you only need two battleline at 1k I would drop a unit of Knights. This will open up room to bring the Skink Starpriest. Summon Starlight and the Serpents Staff should help power up your unit of warriors even further.

It might be worth swapping the Troglodon for a Saurus Astrolith bearer. The D3 conjuration points might not be useful, but re-rolling hits is extremely strong. On the other hand, new players will often over value the threat potential of the Troglodon. So it is possible that your opponents will over commit to killing your Trog and you can buy some advantage that way.

In terms of play tips: turn one focus on setting up for your turn two charge with your Saurus Warriors. Ideally you want to place them in such a manner that you will be be the one charging. Warrior preform best when they are at the 20+ or 30+ unit bonus.

Don't forget about marching with your drums on both your Warriors and your Knights. You won't be able to charge, but you can march while retreating. This has netted me extra objectives my opponents thought were out of my reach on more than one occasion.

Best of luck!

3. paulie99
    Skink

paulie99 Member

Thanks for the quick response!

I did model drums and bearers on my units, so that should help. The priest for knights sounds like a better plan, buffing up our boys seems pretty important. I'm inclined to keep the trog, I know the astrolith is great, but I'm hoping it will be a sizable distraction (and I love the model lol).

When we go to 1500 I should have my slann by then and will incorporate the magical goodness :)

Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated. Cheers!

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. paulie99
    Skink

paulie99 Member

Here is the list I have decided on with the advice I received above (I have one question about the Warriors):

Scar-Vet on carny
    Saurus Oldblood on foot
    Scar-vet on cold one
    Skink Starpriest
    1x5 Knights
    20 Warriors
    Troglodon

The question: Should the warriors be run as a blob of 20 or 2 10's (with drums and bearers on each 10 man unit)?

Cheers all!

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

My preference would be to run them as 20. You will get more out of command abilities, spells, and buffs that target them if they are a larger unit. There are merits and pitfalls to each though.

6. paulie99
    Skink

paulie99 Member

Thanks for the quick response!

I was thinking that running them at 20 would be better, but always good to get thoughts from those far wiser than I lol.

Cheers :)

7. paulie99
    Skink

paulie99 Member

So the 1000 point fun tourney was a bust (was supposed to be a casual fun setting, the idea being get/build/paint; what we got was a bunch of unpainted cheese net lists, so my sons and I just left and played a few games on our own which was tons of fun).

That being said, my sons and I are going to ramp our lists up for the 1500 point (just a bit, trying to get a little more competitive lol). So, at the moment, I'm looking at my current models (I was just gifted 2 boxes of skinks), and I'm thinking:

Dracothian's Tail
    Slann (General) - Great Rememberer, Incandescent Rectrices
    Oldblood on Carnosaur - Dimensional Blade
    Scar-Vet on Cold One
    Astrolith Bearer
    3x5 knights (drum/banner)
    2x10 skinks - spitters
    1x10 skinks - spitters
    1x10 skinks - spitters

1460 points

I also have a starpriest, 20 warriors, oldblood on foot, troglodon, and can swap the oldblood carny for a scar-vet. I can purchase 1-2 boxes of something else to add as well.

C&C welcome and appreciated as always, Cheers!

Aginor and LizardWizard like this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Glad that they didn't manage to discourage y'all!

It is a bit sad when people who up to events with different expectations, often at least one group ends up not having a lot of fun then.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. paulie99
    Skink

paulie99 Member

Thanks very much. We don't discourage easily, and my boys and I are having a blast as get more into AoS (and this site is an incredibly helpful and positive part of this for me!)

Cheers!

Aginor and Wilhelm Stürmer like this.