1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1000 points with Slann. Viable? What to buy? Where to start?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Virata, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Virata
    Jungle Swarm

Virata New Member

Hello there! I'm coming back after leaving WH in early 7th edition, and despite being a Dwarf player back in the day, I remember fondly my best friend's Lizardmen, and his Slann, and the magicks...

So Seraphon it is.

In my shop there is a lot of 1000 pts matches and tournaments. I'd like to start with a 1000 pts list (although I think the most common format is 2k?), and increase it if -when- I get definitely hooked by the sons of Sotek :)

I'd like to field a Slann, too. I enjoy the miniature a lot. I don't know if it's viable in 1k, though. If it isn't, could you explain me why? If it is, what do you suggest to buy? I've seen that marvelous post where you can upgrade the Start Collecting! box to get even more dinos from it. I guess it's a good start?... But then, I don't know.

I need the updated rules, too. Should I get the GHB19, or it's just a lot of fluff and very few rules that I can get elsewhere? (If the latter, where should I head to get them?)

Thank you! I'll continue reading the updated guides and tutorials in the forum, and getting pretty hyped with the lizard boys. :D

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Firstly, do you know if you will be playing Meeting Engagements or Pitched Battles?

Slann are absolutely viable for 1000mpp pitched battles. In Meeting Engagements there is a high likelihood that you won't have enough turns of your Slann being on the table to merit its inclusion.

Perhaps something like this for Pitched Battles:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    -Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders:
    Slann Starmaster
    (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Ignax's Scales
    - Spell: Meteoric Convocation

Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices