1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 1000pts first try

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by divineskink, Mar 20, 2008.

1. divineskink
    Skink

divineskink New Member

Hi im pretty new to lizards and this is my first crack at a list feel free to tear this up.

Scar vet with great weapon,light armour,sheild, gleaming pendant of chotec and BSO quetzl (goes with saurus)
    143pts

skink priest with diadem of power
    100pts

skink priest with extra level and dispel scroll
    125pts

15 saurus wariors with spears and full command
    240pts

10 skinks with javs and sheilds
    60pts
    10 skinks with blowpipes
    60pts
    11 skinks with scouts and blowpipes
    77pts

3 salamanders
    195pts

My main strategy is to plop the level 1 skink priest on a hill or somthing and keep casting second sighn of amul i will advance my saurus (screened by skinks) with sallys on one flank and skinks on other. (just to hold up enemy for a turn so i can reposition units) My other priest will try to cast potent of far on saurus and mabye try to get a forked lightning off. Thanks in advance.

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Your level one might not necessarily get the second sign of amul so don't base your strategy on it too much.

I'm not sure if the two skink priests are necessary. I think at this points level you would do well to drop a priest and maybe a salamander and pick up a small unit of krox or CoR. That will give you two hard hitting units because at the moment you only have one.

Just some thoughts :)

3. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

First off, you'll have a lot of fun playing with 3 salamanders in a 1000 point game. Units will melt at their feet The trick will be keeping them alive for the majority of the battle.

But, if you went with only one skink priest you could give him both the second level and the diadem. That would free up 90 points and still give you some magic/defense. Drop a salamander and get another 65. Drop the 11th scouting skink for 7 more, and, finally, the unit champ from the sarus for the last 14. That leaves 176 points.

There's your unit of 3 Krox. Get the charge off with these guys and most units will be in big trouble. 9 strength 7 attacks. Ouch!

4. divineskink
    Skink

divineskink New Member

Thanks for suggestions i dont have any kroxigors atm (im trying to get some). so i decided to drop a skink unit and have some saurus cavalry. Heres the list

scar vet ,GW,LA,shield,,gleaming pendant of chotec and BSO quetzl
    143pts

1 skink priest with diadem and extra level
    135pts

15 saurus with spears musician standard
    228pts

10 skinks with javs and shields
    60pts
    10 skinks with scouts and blowpipes
    70pts

2 salamanders
    130pts

5 saurus cav with full command

I've got 10 points left not realy shure what to do with it. Hope this looks better. :)