1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1250 points Tournament - Seraphon killed it

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by IggyStarhost, Apr 8, 2018.

1. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Just wanted to show you the tournament list I played yesterday. It was 1250 points with list rules of 1000 points. So 2 battlelines.

This is what I played:

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Skink Priest (80)
    - General
    - Priestly Trappings
    - Trait: Master of Star Rituals
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Artefact: Prism of Amyntok

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Units
    3 x Kroxigor (160)
    4 x Razordons (160)
    1 x Salamanders (40)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    Stegadon (240)

Total: 1240 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 77

I wasnt allowed to go for 1260 points, or else I would probably have taken a 3 unit of skinks. So I had 50 points left and doubted to take some skink handlers to just have a vew skinks or could support the razordons.
    But then I rememberd I had an old Salamander laying around. Decided to give him a little paint, and he looked so awesome I just had to put him in there. 56B80510-DC31-499E-8295-76ED9CDEBD3D.jpeg

Besides wanting to field him I thought he could pose a nice threath wondering the field. Or just sitting on an objective. Or even take some fire of the rest.

I didnt had much hope for the tournament since im new to the game and only played 3 ‘ get-to-know-the-game’ games to my also just starting stormcast friend. Thus wanting to go for fun units.
    But as it turns out I did quite well and won the tournament with 3 major victories! (I’ll write up the battle reports coming week)

The massive shooting combined with the melee output of the behemoths and kroxigor did great. And those were sturdy as well even the kroxigors when shielded by skinks.
    And as bonus even de salamder did huge damage a couple of times.

So they are talking about making it 1500 points. What would you add next?

10 saurus guard en 10 skinks
    OR
    switch the Salamander for 10 skinks and add 10 Chameleon skins?

Crowsfoot and Christopher like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Well done!
    Looking forward to the battle reports. :)
    For the 1500 I would add some more Skinks.

3. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

For 1500 (assuming now you need 3 battleline units), I'd just add 200 points on a unit of 40 skinks! Your army is skink heavy so there's some synergy there with the skink alpha on stegadon/krox. I also think you could drop a starpreist. You can only cast each spell once anyway and I dunno if arcane bolt is worth a second preist, as the serpent staff is pretty useless with your list.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

Yeah I was doubting about the second caster. But it is really handy. Mystic shield is a must. And since the are so squishy losing one to being sniped give you still the option to cast it. But I’m using my second as a hero sniper actually with the prism doing some crucial wounds.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Well I'd still use a skink preist instead of a starpreist at the minimum then, because you could take the 14" fly

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

I have in priest in there! But with master of star rituals so you can do Celestial Rite twice. This is really powerfull I think. Otherwise all 3 of them are almost the same cost as a slann. But Celestial rites is just so good! Also with the reroll of charge for the teleporting stegadon

7. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Yeah, so why two star priests instead of regular skink priests though? And why trappings instead of feathered cloak?

I think the mobility of the feathered cloak and the skink priests missle attacks just help more since you have no jaws to buff with serpent staff (as the version of priest to take two of- ONE Starpriest is still cool for summon starlight)

8. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

I used 1 Priest with double Celestial Rites, and two starpriest for 2 cast. Always having both.

The Celestial Rite is just so super good, you want to use it in a bubble, instead of on just one unit. Giving also the surround heroes the reroll of saverolls, but also himself! Being the main buffer of my army, I dont want him flying around. And you use the abilities before you move.

And for the bites, I think you could use it on the kroxigors and maybe also on the razordons.

9. Aginor
    Slann

Agree. Skink Priests are squishy, even with the feathered cloak, so I keep them behind the lines anyway. No need for them to fly around. Bubble buff is just better then.

IggyStarhost likes this.
  10. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

My thinking is you trade out a starpriest for a skink priest and have
    1: starpreist that can cast summon starlight
    1: skink preist (trappings for bubble) of celestial rites
    1: EITHER who casts mystic shield/arcane bolt so it can be any wizard....why not have THIS one be a flying skink preist as it increases his save and adds mobility and you're only using him for the spells anyone can use anyway

Also, a question about the celestial rites twice in a turn. Does rule of ONE ruin this? It does on Kroak I guess even though it says otherwise on his warscroll

11. Aginor
    Slann

The key difference is this:
    Kroak's Celestial Deliverance is subject to the RoO because it is a SPELL.
    The Skink Priest's Celestial Rites is an ABILITY, those are not subject to the Rules of One (unless they create attacks but that's the other RoO. :D).

dinoSTARZ likes this.
  12. SlannoftheNorth
    Jungle Swarm

SlannoftheNorth New Member

The problem is he wants two wizards and the priests are not wizards, only the starpriest is. Unless you want to upgrade to a starseer anyway but that is a good chunk of points.

13. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Huh...wow I had no idea

14. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

I would imagine the second priest isn't for arcane bolt - its for Starlight. Mystic shield + Starlight stacked on a unit is a massive boon for their survivability.

15. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

Depends on the situation. Pref debuffing, but mortal wound when I need it to

16. Skorp
    Saurus

Skorp Active Member

Planning to do your 1000 point list again for a store tourney at the end of the month. Returned the razordons I borrowed so will likely try 5x chama skinks to replace them. Not expecting they'll work as well, but should give me more board mobility for objective grabbing which the Adepticon missions require. I need to get some razordons, caught up in necron fever at the moment, and my wallet and GW's inventory are working against me.

17. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

Chameleonskinks can be great! Havent played them in a tournament, but if I increase my list to 1500 i’ll add 10 of them. They can be super useful if the objective is, have more models than enemy. Especially when you can raise an objective

Skorp likes this.
  18. Skorp
    Saurus

Skorp Active Member

Yeah I love the 10 man skinks for that too. Especially paired with the stegadon for the extra movement. I loved playing your list btw, been very happy with it.

Crowsfoot and IggyStarhost like this.