1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1250 points vs Skaventide

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by LordBaconBane, Jul 8, 2019.

1. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

Over the weekend I battled a Skaven player who brought his fully painted Screaming Bell for the first time!

My list:

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - Artefact: Blade of Realities
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Spell: Meteoric Convocation
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Blades
    20 x Saurus Warriors (180)
    - Spears

Units
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    1 x Salamanders (50)

Behemoths
    Stegadon (200)

Total: 1250 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 76

20190706_105659.jpg
    20190706_105637.jpg

Skaven Turn 1

Skaven won the roll off! He couldn't use any spells or do any ranged attacks as I want entirely out of range. I deployed pretty far from him. He ran some 6's on some run rolls to get close to me. By the end of turn 1, all of the forces were under the battleshock protection of the bell.

Seraphon Turn 1

I managed to land a Stellar Tempest on some clan rats that did 14 mortal wounds to the unit. I maneuvered my units around to make a bit more sense, teleported my Rippers closer (but out of spell range) to his Bell. I failed every other cast and kept one spell for summoming points.

Seraphon Turn 2

Double turn! Nothing special here. I didn't move anything (not even my rippers). I attempted to use my Stegadon ability to charge in but I only rolled a 1 and it would have been to risky to fail the charge, especially if my Rippers failed their charge. Even though the Rippers were much more likely to get in, I was still contemplating suiciding my Rippers in his army but I left them hanging in the back to just spread fear. It would have been nice to get off that flamethrower and ripper combo, but I chose to play defensive. I missed all my spells and got some more summoning points.

Skaven Turn 2

The Skaven split their forces. The Rat Ogres & Packmasters move towards my rippers and the bell and other rats move towards the bulk of my forces. He splits a Clawlord and a Warlock Engineer from his main force to intercept my cavalry goon squad. One Rat Ogre fired at my Rippers but missed. He landed a peel of doom that did one mortal wound to every unit in my army except for my Salamander. He had no spells or other ranged shots so nothing happened from here.

Skaven Turn 3

Skaven double turn! Uh-oh. He managed to get his rat ogres on my rippers and ended up promptly right there. He kept his Bell back, fearing getting it to close in combat. His Clawlord and Warlock Engineer on the flank engaged my cavalry good squad but failed to produce any meaningful results (only inflicting 2 damage on the Salamander, missing everything else).

He did manage to get his clan rats on my Stegadon and brought it down to 5 wounds and slayed a Saurus Warrior or two.

20190706_115339.jpg

Seraphon Turn 3

I took a big risk and decided to cast Stellar Tempest and hope I would roll a 3+ on my extra summoning points but I got a 2, so no Carnosaur for me :( I had 23 summoning points at this point. Failed my meteor from my Star priest 3 times in a row.

Between my ranged attacks and eventual melee, all but one of his first block of clan rats. My good squad managed to surround and completely kill his Claw Lord and Warlock Engineer, although my Salamander died.

Skaven Turn 4

My buddy managed to land another mortal wound generated Peel of Doom. He also landed a spell on my Stegadon and managed to slay it. He then brought his Bell closer into action with his Warlord thinking he might be able to pop out my Slann but unfortunately failed the charge on the Warlord. He began to move his rat ogres closer to the main battle but they were at the other end of the board, even with good run rolls.

Seraphon Turn 4

I summoned in a Carnosaur and enveloped on his remaining troops, Rat Ogres aside. I killed his last Clawlord and engaged his remaining infantry with my Saurus Knights who were heavily buffed. I managed to land a Stellar Tempest on his remaining rats but only killed a few. I also landed a meteor on his bell but not one die landed a mortal wound. My Scar-Veteran on Cold One failed his charge.

(I can't seem to upload any more pics, maybe I hit the max, either way, engaged armies here)

Seraphon Turn 5

At this point the game was pretty much over. I brought his Bell down to 2 wounds, finished off all but a handful of Rats. Failed casting any new spells and just rolled with it.

Skaven Turn 5

My buddy tried to kill my Carnosaur and brought it down to a few wounds. He did manage to kill my Astrolith guy with a Peel of Doom though. He didn't bother moving his Rat Ogres to attack my Knights and we called it game there.

Summary

We shook and packed up. I think what did it for my buddy was that he send his Rat Ogres to my main force. Four of those guys is quite a handful so I would have, instead of targeting his clan rats, likely used my cavalry on them to try and kill a few. The Rippers served as a nice distraction, despite not inflicting a single wound. Missed way to many spells, even with the +1 from the Slann (I rolled a 2 on my configuration so I got a charge bonus I barely used).

I forget the score but I won 80+ wounds to about 40 on my end.

GGWP

Attached Files:

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Nice bat rep.

I like your yellow Slann! Yellow Slanns are the best Slanns.

LordBaconBane likes this.
  3. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

Thanks! I call him my banana Slann :)

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Lol, my club calls my yellow Skinks Banana Skinks.

Maybe I should give them some brown spots.

LordBaconBane likes this.