1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 escalation this weekend

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Tezia, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Tezia
    Skink

Tezia Active Member

hey guys. I’ve got a 1500 point escalation coming up and was wondering if I could get some feedback on my list.

++ **Pitched Battle** 1,000 (Order - Seraphon) [1500pts] ++

+ Leader +

Slann Starmaster [260pts]

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Bloodclaw Starhost [1240pts]:
    Saurus Eternity Warden
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One
    Saurus Sunblood

Saurus Guard: 5 Saurus Guard
    Saurus Knights: 2x 5 Saurus Knights, Celestite Lance
    Saurus Warriors: 2x 10 Saurus Warriors, Celestite Spear

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Seraphon

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 1000 Points - Vanguard

++ Total: 1500pts

I plan on banking spells on the slann for summoning with the protection of the warden and guard then using the heroes with their respective battle lines to pump out the buffs.

I guess my question is which artifacts would be good to grab and which of the leaders can equip?

Are there any major wombo combos I should be looking for? Main one I’d plan on using was the old blood on carno buffing out the sun blood for the 7 attack’s his mace would then get.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

So, unless I've misread the Ancient Warlord wording, it seems like his command ability applies to any/all Saurus Heroes within 20":

If the Saurus Oldblood uses this ability, then until your next hero phase, whenever a Saurus Hero from your army within 20" attacks in the combat phase, pick one of its weapons and add 2 to its Attacks characteristic until the end of the phase.

The reason I say this is the wording on the ScarVet on Carno specifically states "pick a unit". I only just realized this.

I had honestly never even heard of this battalion before. And then I found Heavenswatch while looking for Bloodclaw. In theory, it seems good, but our Saurus units are not great outside of Sunclaw and Fangs of Sotek. Even in those battalions, Warriors in units of 10 are literal cannon fodder. So, get 2 units of Skinks summoned on turn on, if you can.

Ghyrstrike on the Sunblood is a fantastic Artefact, as is Sword of Judgement on the Oldblood. I lean toward putting the second Artefact on the Slann, but if you plan to keep it hidden, than maybe a second Artefact from the realm you choose your main in could work. Sword of Judgement comes from Ulgu, which arguably has the most useful Artefacts.

3. Tezia
    Skink

Tezia Active Member

You are correct. Didn’t see the wording. It’s all heroes within 20”

As for the warriors. BattleScribe is a little weird. That’s a single unit of 20 warriors and a single unit of 10 knights.
    So for the warriors they’d be getting an extra jaw attack from the battalion and +1 to hit rolls as well. Not the best but 20 spear attacks on a 3/4 and up to 40 jaw attacks on a 4/4. Guess it’s about getting them as close to a large unit as possible to get the most of it. Duo’d up with scent of weakness and it’s a lot of rolls with re rolling failed hits.

Summoning wise I had planned on cheap summons . I can’t get 12 points in round one for double skinks but should be able to put one unit in play and then depending on how first round goes either getting another in round two or I’d have 14 if I banked in round 2 and got skinks round one so either two razors, more skinks, or rippers depending on what I need.

It’s a lot of units I haven’t played with yet, which is why I want to try it out. I haven’t gotten to really use my sunblood, eternity, or scar vet on CO yet so just wanted to test the waters and see if the build even seemed viable