1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 Firelance.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Bullrocker, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Bullrocker
    Skink

Bullrocker New Member

Hello fellas! i am playing a little turney between my and my friends. and i decided to use a lot of Saurus Knights.
    The main theme of the army is a combo wombo kill anything if i charge. i could use a little input as im a little worried it might just crumble under shooting or hero sniping. that said, i am playing against Sylvaneth and Khorne bloodbound.

A quick overview of the Army.

Heroes.
    Saurus Scar-vet on Coldone w/ relic blade - 100p
    Skink Star-priest - 100p
    Skink Starseer - 100p

Battleline.
    15 Saurus Knights w/ Firelances - 360p
    5 Saurus Knights w/ Blades -120p
    5 Saurus Knights w/ Blades -120p

Artillery
    Razordon - 60p
    Razordon - 60p
    Razordon - 60p

Behemoths
    Bastilidon w/death beam - 300p

The Combo wombo is this.
    Scarvet uses command ability to give the main attack force ( 15 knight unit) their cold ones an extra bite - making them at 3 bites base. ( along with reroll 1 to hit and charge +3)
    Starpriest lowers his staff making any bite on a 6 do double the damage. casting starlight to protect them aswell.
    Starseer does his Curse or mystic shield Protection or offence-

This totals in 45 Cold one Bite attacks. Rerolls 1 - any 6 on wounds does 2 damage.
    The Knights themselves are nothing to scuff at either - hopefully putting in a few mortal wounds.

To protect the combo wombo i place a tanky bastilidon at a flank or rear. and the Razordons kan skirmish around the force.

this is an attempt to make firelances good. i accept any input and i am eager to hear if anyone has tried similar tactics.

Arawn and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This should be a pretty killer army. Charge run charge. Move like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

bolded for convenience.
    Be careful with Sylvaneth if they use the tactic of spamming sylvaneth wyldwoods. Those terrains tend to kill models that charge through, so focus on the knights that charge, the starseer's "curse of fate" and rerolls, to avoid casualties.

Ecozh and Bowser like this.
  4. Bullrocker
    Skink

Bullrocker New Member

Thanks for the input, on the matter on charging-running-charging. is this a valid tactic to optimise damage? at first glance it look to be detriemental as your damage output will be halted for a round. opening up to a possible counter charge ?

- Also? any ideas for Commander Traits / Artifacts? i was thinking the legendary fighter ( +1 attack) along with the relic blade on the Scar-vet could result in a - lot of damage, with rerolling the special ability ( the one that let's him attack again) using insight. since i'm bringin a battalion i can bring an extra artifact to one of my heroes. but i am unsure on what to use.

thanks for the Tip on the Wyldwoods. are they "Deadly" passively?

5. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

Zheddikus Well-Known Member

It is a valid tactic. What you do is use multiple, alternating units. One unit charges in. The other retreats. This stops the counter charge and while it limits damage a bit it makes up for with the ability to deal with low save units because of the mortal wound chances.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yes, any model that charge through will die 1 on six (monsters are immune).
    there's also another nasty effect that kicks in if you cast near a wyldwood, but I don't remember how it works.

the good thing about "curse of fate" on the charging unit, is that the +1 works both for charge and for attacks (a 5 for a lance that becomes a 6 means nice damage)

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

2 units of knights working in Tandem. First unit charges does their round of combat. Next turn retreat and the second unit of knights charges in. Gives you the charge bonus every turn.

Roll another dice after casting. On a 5 or 6 every unit within 1 inch takes D3 mortal wounds. Sylvaneth units are not affected.

Killer Angel likes this.
  8. Juxtion
    Saurus

Juxtion Active Member

I would roll basty with the Ark of sotek.
    It has the potential for 24 mortal wounds per turn. As it activates per combat phase.
    Keep it close to your knights to draw attention away from them. and always run it first turn as the Ark's range is only 8". battle shock bonus's from banners will help you out alot. if you upgrade to a vet on carnosaur. his command is very helpful as well any hit rolls of 6 generate an extra attack. Also read blood roar as he cause's units to flee up to 8".
    I have caused lots of havoc with a similar list. as even units with high bravery must take the battle shock test roll.

Bowser likes this.