1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1500 points tournament

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by LrMoruthane, Oct 23, 2015.

1. LrMoruthane
    Jungle Swarm

LrMoruthane New Member

Hi everybody again!!! It's been a long time since i write here, and here go another tournament.

The next week i'm going to participate in a 1500p tournament and i want some advice for my list. This is a 8th Ed Tournament.

I was thinking in this:
    Lord
    Saurus Oldblood on Cold One. Great Weapon, Shield and Magic Armour: Glittering Scales.

Heroes
    Saurus Scar-veteran Light Armour, Shield, BSB and Great Weapon.
    Tetto'eko

Core
    28x Saurus Warrior Musician a Standard Bearer (here goes the Scar-vet)
    21x Skink cohort full command (tetto bunker)
    10x Skink skirmisher javelin and shield
    10x Skink skirmisher javelin and shield

Special
    6x Chameleon Skink
    3x Ripperdactyl Riders
    3x Terradon Riders

Rare
    Salamander Hunting Pack , only 3 Handler

I need some advice if how this list can go. The other armies in the tournament will be a couple of High Elves, Dark Elves, Daemons of Chaos, Skavens, Vampire Counts, i guess some Lizardmen too and Dwarf.

I guess i need a Magic Weapon for the Oldblood if i go against Ethereal in Vampire Counts.
    In adition, i have 1 Stegadon, 1 Bastiladon, 1 Slann, 12 Temple Guard and 7 Cold Ones.
    What do you think about this list? i need to drop something and put a Monster?
    Waiting for your advices,

Hello from Chile!!!

2. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

For the ethereals: the only troops he is going to want to stop are your SW. Cheap way would be to get flaming banner since your scar vet BSB has no magic items, you won't really need to drop a lot of models...

Oh and I would put a champ in that unit of SW so your BSB does not have to take challenges in the first round of combat vs a blendergod type model...

I would probably drop the terradons and gain 2 extra rippers for a unit of 5, flaming banner on BSB, champ in SW unit and extra handler/snack for the sally. I don't have the book near me but that should be 1 point remaining from dropping the terradons.

I just noticed you probably don't have 2 extra rippers... don't know if you are allowed to put in 2 terradons in their place as proxies..?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. LrMoruthane
    Jungle Swarm

LrMoruthane New Member

I don't know if they let me use the terradon for the ripper, but i'm going to ask =)
    I'm going to add another handler for the sally, so i guess i put in that way.
    About the champ... I can do too things i guess... put the OB in the saurus block alongside with the BSB, and buff it (50 points less without cold one) or let the OB be the BSB and buff de scar-vet. ¿What do you think?

I'm doubt about if the flamming banner gives you magic attacks. Somebody says yes, somebody says no.