1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 1500 points

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by chihuan, Aug 6, 2008.

1. chihuan
    Jungle Swarm

chihuan New Member

Hello
    I would like to know what you think about my army?

Heros

Scar-vet
    Light armour + great weapon
    Spawings of sotek + quetzl
    Jaguar charm + Gylph Necklace

Skink Priest
    Lvl 2 wizard
    Cloak of Feathers
    Scout
    Bane Head

Core

10 skinks

10 skinks
    Scout

20 Saurus
    Full Command

Special

10 Saurus
    Full command
    Spawning of Sotek

10 Saurus
    Full command
    Spawning of Sotek

3 Kroxigors

Rare

Stegadon

It is exactly 1500 points!
    Comments please!

Chihuan

2. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

Hummm, heregoes :) :

Your general is the archetypical JSod, so no comments there, except perhaps tradng the glyph necklace for the Aura of Quetzl, for it greatly improves survivability against big, nasty things.
    Priest: why not dropping a level and the items, making him a scroll caddy (2 dispel scrolls)? if you really want a skink flying around, why not try a chief with cloak of feathers and sword of might (FsoD)? It's uses are arguable, but it sure is fun!
    Skinks: waaaay too few!
    Saurus: waaaay too many! And those Sotek saurus taking special slots... You'd be better served with more kroxes or terradons. Btw, units of 4 kroxes tend to be more surviveable.
    About the stegadon: why not use 3 salas? Cheaper, probably more cost efffective.

But hey, i understand perfectly why you'd want to use saurus, I share the same feeling. Unfortunately, with their current cost, they're just not competitive. :depressed:

Cheers!

3. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

(A) Unless im mistaken, both the bane head and the cloak of feathers are enchanted items, meaning that you can take only one or the other. I would definately suggest dropping the bane head. And for that matter the scout ability as all the spells your wizard have access to are either dd with nigh-unlimited range (meaning you dont have to be near your opponent) or are close range buffs for your own units (meaning you should be near your troops to start). The cloak will do well enough ensuring that your are where you want to be when you want to be there.

(B) Although the small 10 man units of Sotek Saurus are good in theory, it doesnt usually translate that way in game. With a Movement value of 4, it is really quite seldom that you are going to get the charge off. There small unit size ensures that cavalry units and other fast units are going to consider the Sotek units viable targets, meaning that you will never benefit from the blessing. Also, keep in mind that the Blessing is not a points per model upgrade, meaning that it is usually a better deal to upgrade a larger unit (i.e. a 20-strong unit).

(C) Stegadons are fine. Yes, there not AS good as salamanders in most situations, it is just as good a monster as anyone else can field (i.e. giants, hydras, etc.)