1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 1500 Points

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Bleyden, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Bleyden
    Skink

Bleyden New Member

Ok, this is my 1500 point army list. Comments and criticism are always wanted.

Scar Vet - 139
    Scimitar of Sun Resplendent
    Light Armour
    Shield

Skink Priest - 100
    Level 1
    Diadem of Power

Scar Veteran - 113
    Great Weapon
    Light Armour
    Shield
    Jaguar Charm

20 Saurus
    Full Command

15 Saurus
    Full Command

10 Skinks
    10 Skinks
    10 Skinks
    10 Skinks

4 Kroxigor

3 Salamanders

EDIT: Im now a skink! And also a penguin woopwoopwoopwoop

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

You are coming up as a skink for me :)

3. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Looks like a good solid list. Ill stick to just the units you have right now, as I dont know what else you have in your collection.

(1) Unless your going to be playing against the new VC, tomb kings, or OK, I think that you might be better served with 2 dispel scrolls rather than the diadem of power. Although 5 dispel dice is nothing to sniff at, theres always the liklihood that your opponent might break out 2 lvl 2s, and its nice to know for sure that you'll be able to dispel a spell when you absolutely need to (pit of shades on one of your Saurus blocks comes to mind).

(2) If you are putting your scar veteran general in a unit, its probably best to assume that you are going to get charged. Keeping this in mind, it might be useful to give your Saurus general a little extra protection, or alternatively give him the sword of the hornet. In the first case, you will be sure that your general will be able to strike back after the opponent charged, in the latter you will be able to clear some of the opponents r&f so that you will have more saurus to increase the chance of breaking the enemy unit. (with the extra 25 pts u could make your scar a bsb)

(3) If either of my previous suggestions seem good, you could free up some points by dropping a kroxigor. At 1500 pts, the 4th kroxigor isnt always necessary unless you intend to launch them at a r&f unit. With a JSoD, a 3 krox unit should be sufficiant to deal with enemy armor.

(4) On the note of the JSoD, maybe it would be useful to make 1 or 2 units of skinks into scouts. This would allow you to march block from turn 1, which will be useful as your JSoD will be charging left and right.

4. Lord Campman
    Skink

Lord Campman New Member

I agree with SohCahToa that you should drop one of the kroxies and make some scouts! And i think you should put a mark of quetzl or/and sotek on the JSoD and a spawning of tepok to the other scar-vet