1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 1500 pt. list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Rusty545, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Rusty545
    Skink

Rusty545 New Member

Here is my planned 1.5k list.

-Heroes-

Scar vet.- the maiming shield, venom of the fire frog
    Skink priest-Glyph necklace
    -core-
    12 skink with spears 1 brave
    12 skink with blowpipes 1 brave scts
    12 saurus with the totem of prophecy
    2 jungle swarms
    -Special-
    8 cold one riders
    12 saurus with spears, mark of quetzl
    3 kroxigors
    total-1482

Tell me what you think :)

2. freakndell
    Saurus

freakndell New Member

Sorry to be so hard on you with this list. I am missing some strong points of the Lizzies in here.
    * Where are the Sallies? They ROCK! auto hitting. and wounding on 4, 5 or 6's against most of the stuff you encounter.
    * You only have 1 skink screen. Pray you do not meet any shooting army. They will release 2 or 3 (maybe if they distract your fast troops even 4) rounds of shooting at ya, before you reach the other side.......if you make it that far!
    * You have no mage hunters. Terradons, Nike saurus or something that's across fast to mess with them.
    * Your blocks of 12 will be outmanouvered.

After al this nagging (sorry for that...Filter the good tips out, negate the nonsense). Some pointers....

- I would field fast moving hard hitters. i.e. Kroxes: 4 wide (That's 12 wounds, chariot busting, fear causing and able to charge through your skink screen.
    - Add a unit of "Dons" for messing with there flank, hunting mages, marchblocking.
    - More Skinks!
    - Have a plan! If you want to play some role within the magic phase. Boost the mages! If not, make sure you generate DD and build for combat. Field maybe 2 Scar-vets with the SSoT to generate 4 DD, but add allott of combat powers.

Anyway...that's my $0,02. Good luck!

3. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

I have to agree with every point made by freakndell.

4. Rusty545
    Skink

Rusty545 New Member

Thanks for all the advice. I have never really battled before so therefore I have no field experiance. Right now I just have the battalion(thats why some of my numbers are weird). I will try to fix up my list and have a better one ready soon.

5. freakndell
    Saurus

freakndell New Member

No prob! Good luck with the build!
    When you post it again, we will take a look at it for ya!