1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 pt. Seraphon vs. Orruks

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Furnus, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Furnus
    Saurus

Furnus Member

Hey fellas!

Soon I'll be facing my good friend in a 1500 pt. battle.

He'll be bringing a range of orcs and goblins, which will most likely include:

1 Gordrakk
    2 units of atleast 10 savage orruks
    1-2 Grott shamans

I was thinking the following list would be fun because I don't often play the Slann, but I do fear the destructive bulk for Gordrakk.

What do you guys think?

Allegiance: Order

Heroes
    Skink Priest (100)
    - Priestly Trappings
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Master of Defense
    - Artefact: Phoenix Stone
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    - Artefact: Phoenix Stone

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    - Seraphon Battleline
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    - Seraphon Battleline
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    - Seraphon Battleline

Units
    2 x Salamanders (120)
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (300)

Battalions
    Eternal Starhost (80)

Total: 1480/2000

Aginor, Crowsfoot and Ritual like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

A slow list but a tough list

Aginor and Ritual like this.
  3. Furnus
    Saurus

Furnus Member

I very much agree!

Past experiences have however taught me, that he has a tendancy to race forward as quickly as possible.

I hope the rippers will be able to flank whatever mages/ranged he feels obliged to leave behind.

Aginor, Crowsfoot and Ritual like this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

@Aginor has experience against Orruks maybe he will comment when he pops on.

Aginor likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Gordrakk is very powerful but actually worse than a standard Maw Krusha if you think about his point cost.

Problem here is: he will probably destroy those guards quickly if his bulk works because mortal wounds are their kryptonite.
    So if you can deny that charge that will harm him a lot.
    Try putting terrain on a table in a way that prevents him from landing, and block other places with units. That guy has a huge base so if you can make it difficult for him to land that's your advantage.
    Set up far away from him. That way you can maybe lure him into leaving his army scattered.
    Let him take first turn maybe. If you set up around 26" away from him he is very unlikely to make the charge and you will have a decent chance of counter charging.
    That way you also prevent a double turn gor him (and might grant it to you!) which is worth a lot.

The other Orruks don't pose much of a threat if you have an Eternal Starhost I think.

Against Gordrakk you will need a bit of shooting or magic.
    I would probably use Terradons instead of Rippers and throw all the bombs on Gordrakk but rippers are better in melee so they will do. Use them either to wound Gordrakk (although that means they won't survive turn one) or to attack his shamans or so.
    You have to do at least four wounds before he reaches you to get the mighty fists down to a natural 3+.

I would probably drop the Slann and use a Starpriest and 20 Skinks instead. You could use the Starpriest's Starlight spell to lower the hit rolls of Gordrakk a bit more, and the Skinks can shoot him and act as chaff/area denial.

Sorry this post is a bit of a mess. I am a bit in a hurry.