1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500pt Seraphon Tournament List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by El_Lepermessiah, Nov 16, 2017.

1. El_Lepermessiah
    Jungle Swarm

El_Lepermessiah New Member

Preparing for my first 1500pt Sigmar tournament. It’s warhost but at 1500 so 3 battle line.

Allegiance:Order
    Scar vet on Carno /Sword/Quicksilver Potion
    Saurus Sun Blood - General /legendary fighter
    Skink priest w/ trappings

40 Saurus w/Spears
    20 Skinks w/pipes
    10 skinks w/pipes

Bastiladon / Solar Crystal
    Stegadon / Sunfire Throwers

1500pt on the dot. Thoughts?

Based upon other feedback, I've considered these changes:
    Allegiance Seraphon
    Scar Vet Carno - General/ Spear/ Coronal Shield/Thick Scaly Hide
    Saurus Old Blood - Spear

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I would definitely go for Seraphon allegiance. The possibility of a teleport keeps enemies on their toes.

The Scar Vet on Carno... I would probably go for the Sword to get more hits but the spear is also nice. With relic blade it has -2 rend which can be used to crack the tougher nuts. Coronal shield is OK as well though.

If you expect to meet hordes than the Sunfire Stegadon is nice. Otherwise the one with the now might be the better choice I think since it can shoot at greater distances.

Seraphage likes this.
  3. El_Lepermessiah
    Jungle Swarm

El_Lepermessiah New Member

Update. Played 3 games with it yesterday in preparation for a tournament on sunday.
    I made some changes that were suggested.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Scar vet on Carno /Spear/Coronal Shield - General /Thick And Scaley Hide
    Saurus Old Blood - Greatblade
    Skink Star Priest
    40 Saurus w/Spears
    20 Skinks w/pipes
    10 skinks w/pipes

Bastiladon / Solar Crystal
    Stegadon / Sunfire Throwers

I went 2-1,
    First Game I played against Sylvaneth (Alarielle, Durthu, 10xDryads, 20xDryads, 5x Tree Revenants, Lord Relictor and Gryph Hound.
    Game went well, Horde took the brunt of Alarielle while Scar Vet came in to pop her. Sunfire throwers definitely worked this game against the Dryads.
    I won the game, we played Starstrike mission.

Game 2 Loss to Skaven Clan Skyre (2 Warp Cannons, Hell Pit Abomination, 1x3 Jezzails, Ratling gun, 10xStormvermin, 2x20 Clan Rats, Arch Mage, Warlord General Hero, and 10x Giant rats. He was incredibly deadly with the warp cannons, dealing at least 8-10 Mortal wounds a turn. ( I don't think he rolled higher than a 3 for all his shooting). Bastiladon only dished out 3 wounds across 3 rounds of shooting. Stegadon died, before it could be used.
    It was close game only because I remembered my teleport every turn. It was an open war mission (Burn and pillage).

Game 3 Slannesh Demons (3x20 Deamonettes, Chariot, Exalted Chariot, 10x Seekers of slannesh, Keeper of Secrets, Herald, The Masque.
    Battle for the Pass.
    A close win. Bastiladon won me the game, contested 2 late objectives and vaporizing units every turn. Also, teleporting a block of 30 Saurus late game to grab the enemy objective.

Thoughts?
    I'm really pleased with the list. It has some staying power in the bastiladon and saurus block, and enough hitting power to drop some might foes. I had a gnarly combo, by Serpent Staff the Carnosaur's Jaws, and with both Forelimb attacks hitting, able to deal Alarielle a whopping 11 wounds, from just the Jaw attacks.
    - Skinks are hit or miss offensively, I managed a couple wounds across the whole day unless I'm choosing wrong targets, I imagine their power is in their Wary Attackers, which probably won me some games.
    -The Stegadon i'm unsure what to run, Sunfire or great Bow, I see the merits to both, but in terms of damage output which is the better all-comer loadout?
    - Scar vet lacked some hitting power, Spear vs Sword? Ill probably bring the Blade of realities, to make it hit harder?
    -Saurus Old Blood weapons, what does every think, they greatblade did well, and was able to put some damage on things, but 2 attacks is ok. I like re-roll 1's to wound. Should I go for Synergy or Killing power and change him for a Sunblood (same Points)?

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Good job!

Skinks in low numbers are not meant to be played offensively. They just do little damage. Use them as chaff or to claim objectives.

Sunfire Throwers is better against hordes. I think it does more damage if the enemy unit has at least eight or ten models. So if you are facing hordes the Sunfire Thrower version is probably better.
    The Bow version is pretty long ranged though, so for sniping enemy heroes/elites and for staying alive it is a bit better.

I tend to say the Sword on the Scar Vet is better but the difference isn't that big. Either way the blade of realities is a good choice for him.

Oldblood on foot is really powerful for synergies with horde units if you can use his Command Ability. If you don't run big hordes you are probably better off with a Sunblood. I have had him hit well in games and do absolutely nothing in others.