1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1500pts Saurus army

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by StinkySkinky, Jun 4, 2015.

1. StinkySkinky
    Saurus

StinkySkinky Active Member

Lords / Heroes
    Gor-Rok
    Tetto'Eko
    Lvl2 Skink Priest (Beast) + cube

Core
    Saurus x30 (banner+musician) (Spears)
    Saurus x30 (full command) (Hand weapons)
    Skink Skirmishers x10
    Skink Skirmishers x10

Special
    Bastilodon

Should total at 1500pts. I'll have Gor'Rok join the spear unit. What are your thoughts?

Mr.Mclassypants and n810 like this.
  2. Mr.Mclassypants
    Jungle Swarm

Mr.Mclassypants New Member

This looks like a solid 1500 point list. Just a few minor tweaks
    1. My preference is dispel scroll over cube. I find most of the time scroll does just as well and sometimes better.
    2. Where is tetto and priest going? I would recommend at least one in a skink unit.

Hope my advice helps!

StinkySkinky likes this.
  3. StinkySkinky
    Saurus

I originally thought the scroll was was 10 pts more than the cube (That's why I chose the cube) I'll change that.
    I was going to stick Teto with a unit of skinks and let the priest go solo, opinions on this?

Oh and I totally forgot about a BSB, which is an issue point wise :/

4. miturian
    Saurus

miturian Member

that how about switching the priest for a skink bsb? I would think that that reroll is more valuable than one dispell.

5. StinkySkinky
    Saurus

Issue then is I won't be able to cast my Wyssans Wildform on my saurus blocks anymore :/

6. Mr.Mclassypants
    Jungle Swarm

Mr.Mclassypants New Member

I think keeping the priest for wyssans it probably a good idea, but if it's running solo, I would try to give it the cloak of feathers for obvious reasons. I agree with the tetto in the skinks and i think a solo would be good with the cloak.

7. StinkySkinky
    Saurus

he issue is I don't have anymore points to spare so spending extra on the cloak will sacrifice something :/

Regarding the BSB I could sacrifice one of the Skink units for a Skink chief + BSB + Light Armor + Enchanted shield (Works out almost identical price wise)
    Additionally if I know they are weak on the magic phase I can ditch the dispel scroll and pick up the egg of get wrekt on my chief.
    (But by losing one unit of Skinks I have no chaff or skirmishers on the board t.t)