1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1600 points first list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Nukes4life, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

Hey all i could use some insight.

This is gonna be my second game, played a 500 pnts one before, firstly we thought 1500 but now it has become 1600 and I could use some advice on the last 100 and the entire list.

Right now I've got:
    Scar vet, BSB, schield, armour of destiny
    Tetto'Ekko

30 saurus full command
    28 skink cohort with poisoned attacks for Tetto
    10 skink skirmishers

1 stegadon
    1 ancient stegadon
    1 salamander with snack

this comes down to 1499 points. What do you think I should add or change? 100 points have to be added :)

thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    airjamy likes this.
  2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

BSB means "battle standard bearer". BRB means "big read book" (ie the main rule book). The context is clear what you meant but watch out for it since those are both commonly used acronyms on pretty much all Warhammer forums.

List seems pretty balanced. You probably don't need any changes to your first 1500 points.

As for the 100 extra points, I'd recommend giving your Steggies a makeover. Give the Ancient the Engine of the Gods (EOTG, give both Steggies Sharpened Horns (unless you are planning to play someone with very few multi-wound models like Dwarves or Brettonians) and throw Unstoppable Stampede on your Ancient Steggy. That's 100 points on the nose.

Another option for spending your 100 "bonus" points is to add two Kroxigor to Tet's bunker. Or one Kroxigor and then take the EOTG. If you take multiple Kroxigor you could consider dropping the Poisoned attacks if you really need 56 more points for something else, but nothing is wrong with a Kroxigor backed by poisoned Skinks.

For yet another option, you could also take a second Salamander team and then a couple Skinks or Saurus to eat the remaining 17 points. Or you could add a Salamander to your first pack and drop the snack giving you a whopping 21 points to spend on extra Skinks and Saurus.

3. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

Misspelled the BSB, Sadly I don't have any kroxigor models nor the Engine of the Gods :/ I am gonna make an Engine with spare parts and an old stegadon. I was also thinking about another salamander or maybe a skink priets or skink chief. I am very new to the game so dont know what is the smartest move haha

4. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

It is a pretty good list, as we have been over already ;). I like the idea of another Salamander, i really feel that 2 give a lot more certaincy in that one good hit you need from these guys, more often then not, a single hit pays both of them back in my games, especially when playing against armies like Elves. They also pack a punch in CC, which should not be underestimated when things come down to the wire.

5. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

Hey all, I'm going to play another game vs the same opponent. The first game was a clear win due to the stegadons and the scar vet. This time i want to take a Slann and I'm kinda convinced on a really buffed one. The problem is we decided to play 1600 pnts again so I'd like some advice :)

What I've got planned now is:
    Slann BSB (jaguar standard), Soul of Stone, Harmonic Convergence, Focus of Mystery and the channeling staff. (I really like the idea of swapping spells)
    Scar vet with great weapon and armour of destiny
    lvl1 skink priets with dispell scroll and lore of beasts

14 saurus warriors FC
    2x 10 skink skirmishers

stegadon
    22 temple guard FC and banner of swiftness

He is problably going to bring an archmage, griffin lord 2x5 ellyrian reavers, swordmasters and those bows and spears units.

Is this going to work or do I really have to scale down the slann?
    My plan is to charge the temple guard into the unit with his mage and the saurus and stegadon to defend the flanks

6. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

First off, i think the jaguar standard is weak in every case, and you should simply never use it. It is overpriced for what it does. Go for the cheaper and better Standard of Discipline BSB combo for that juicy 10 rerollable ;)

You have massive ammounts of magic for 1600 points, you do not need the scrollcaddy, even if your opponent is bringing heavy magic. You have also the extra dispell dice from the Convergence combo, so even if someone is taking an Archmage is 1600, you still outmagic him with only your Slann. Allyour dice will also go into the Slann, so the Wildform is not even going to be used i think.

If you are planning on taking 2 fighty blocks of sauri, make them at least 20 each. Do so with the points you got from the priest. I dislike champions, i do not think it is worth the 10 points for the extra attack (11 points gives you 2 extra attacks and an extra body plus extra steadfast) but i guess it is passable with a char in the unit.

I ofcourse know your opponent, and i think that even with the slightly unoptimized list that you present it will be more then a match for him simply due to the nature of his army, he just does not have his Silverhelms/White Lions yet. Not need to optimize every list for tournaments, as i just attempted with this post XD.

Have fun!