1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 1k, 750, 500pts Tournie !

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by OldBlood-Gar92, Jul 5, 2008.

1. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

OldBlood-Gar92 New Member

I'm having a 1 week tournie with a couple of friends in Spain of 1000 pts, 750 pts, and (if that wasn't enought) 500 pts. :)
    So i'm putting all my three lists of 1k, 750 and 500 pts.
    Just some things i would like to say about then.. At 500 pts, i dont like very much the simplicity of the list, about at such low points what can i do ? At 750 pts, not much to say, but with some extra points that i put just to fill, i can put that list stronger. At 1000 pts, i think the list is a little small for the points, maybe because of the stegadon...

Here they are:

1) 500 pts.

1x Scar-Veteran + light armour + shield + scimitar of the sun resplendent = 139 pts.

10x Skinks = 60 pts.

10x Skinks = 60 pts.

10x Sauros Warriors = 120 pts.

TOTAL: 500 Pts.

2) 750 pts.

1 x Scar-Veteran + light armour + shield + scimitar of the sun resplendent + blessed spawning of Quetzl = 154 pts.

12 x Skinks + brave = 77 pts.

12 x Skinks + brave = 77 pts.

14x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer = 180 pts. ( Scar goes here )

10x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer = 132 pts.

2x Salamanders hunting pack = 130 pts.

TOTAL: 750 pts.

3) 1000 pts.

1x Scar-Veteran + light armour + shield + scimitar of the sun resplendent + blessed spawning of Quetzl = 154 pts.

14x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer = 180 pts.

12x Skinks = 72 pts.

12x Skinks = 72 pts.

3x Kroxigors = 174 pts.

1x Stegadon = 235 pts.

TOTAL: 1000 Pts.

Thanks In Advance Mates ;)

2. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

I think you should drop the Scimitar of the Sun and instead turn your Veteran into a JSoD (Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Great Weapon, Shield, Light Armour, Sotek and maybe Tepok for 1000 points). That way he can respond to threats like chariots, monsters and small units of knights as well as being able to quickly move to support any point in your line rather then being a slow and easily avoidable (not to mention expensive) force multiplier.

I also do not think you should get Saurus Warriors over Kroxigor when you already have your quota of Core units and there are Special choices empty.

Also, why did you swap your Salamanders for a Stegadon in 1000 points? Salamanders will almost always be more effective (and cheaper) then Stegadons.

3. Lord Campman
    Skink

Lord Campman New Member

In the 500 pts army u should drop one of the saurus blocks and bring plus one unit SCOUT skinks and the left points spend on saurus warriors.
    In the 1000 pts list you should put a skink priest witha diadem or scroll.
    And the most important: drop the scimitar and make the saurus hero JSOD as kroxigor wrote

4. freakndell
    Saurus

freakndell New Member

That looks like a nice tournament.....

The list at 750:
    Maybe you can field a Nike saurus....As mentioned.
    I would pump up the number of saurus warriors to at least 15 or 16 giving you that extra rank when your nike saurus races out!
    Maybe even drop the other 10 and field an extra sallie. To fill the points...Skinks ar enever a bad idea!

The list at 1000.
    Stegadon? :jawdrop: why?
    I see cons then pros at 1K....(points, effectiveness, etc...)
    The rest of the army is more or less up to you. Just to be build to your playing style.
    Remember...those SW blocks you cannot keep up with the rest of your army. (They move 4, the rest moves 6!)
    If you are playing against a cannon (dwarfs, empire)...you will feel the difference!

Good luck!
    Again..I really like the idea. It's more or less the development of an army.