1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k for doubles

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Klap, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Klap
    Skink

Klap Member

Hi,

I’m pretty new to AOS so is my team mate we are both 40k players. We are looking to go to a AOS doubles event to get us more in to the game.

My team mate is planning to play skaven. With a bell, 2 cannons and 2 big bocks of rats.

I like the idea of summoning andI’m looking to summon as much as possible to bolster the army.

This is my first attempt at a list on here and would be cool if I can get some feedback especially things like the realm to be from and potential artefact.

Engine of the Gods [220pts]

Slann Starmaster [260pts]: 3. Great Rememberer, General

Skinks [60pts]: 10 Skinks, Boltspitters and Moonstone Clubs

Skinks [60pts]: 10 Skinks, Boltspitters and Moonstone Clubs

Ripperdactyl Riders [140pts]: 3 Ripperdactyl Riders

Endless Spells [40pts]: Balewind Vortex

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

Any feedback will be helpful.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Your list looks great for a doubles event.

If your opponent can find a way to fit cogs in his list for you to use then that would be ideal.

Either Aqshy for Ignax's Scales or Ghurr for Gryph-Feather Charm are the two best options for a Slann artifact. If your friend is able to bring cogs for your Slann to use then I would take the Scales. While your Slann is in cover with BwV and Cogs it will have a 2+ rerolling save. At this point mortal wound mitigation will be more beneficial than -1 to hit.

3. Klap
    Skink

Klap Member

Thanks for your advice LizardWizard. I did also put together a second list. Slightly less summoning but a bit more aggressive.

Slann Starmaster [260pts]

Battalion: Shadowstrike Starhost [520pts]

. Ripperdactyl Riders: 3 Ripperdactyl Riders

. Skink Starpriest

. Skinks: 10 Skinks, Boltspitters and Moonstone Clubs

. Skinks: 10 Skinks, Boltspitters and Moonstone Clubs

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

Do u think the first or the second list will be more fun to mess around with?

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I personally don't run Shadowstrike Starhost without using a unit of at least 6 Rippers or Terradons. I think both list would be fun though. Doubles tournaments are always wacky and fun events.

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Ecozh
    Cold One

Ecozh Active Member

Looks like a solid summon build, but your partner his/her list also factures in. What is het planning on bringing?

For example: at an other doubles tournament my partner brought Ogers which meant I needed some quick november units.

6. Klap
    Skink

Klap Member

Will all depend on the point changes/rule changes in GHB19 as the tournament is the weekend after the release.

He is planning to run skaven with 2 blocks or rats, priest on bell, 2 cannons and an engineer as well as that broken endless spell triangle of death skaven get.

Be we are just gonna get as sorted as we can before the GHB19 comes out and hope it does not change much.

LizardWizard likes this.