1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k list built around knights

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by MerciaBear, Mar 14, 2017.

1. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

hello folks!

I've got a series of games coming up building from the starter set. We are now expanding to 1000pts and I need to use the stuff I have painted.

I have access to all other units but need to use the following as a base:

1x scar vet on carno
    10x knights
    10x warriors
    - 600pts.

So I've got 400 left to play with!

My thoughts were possibly a bastiladon and a skink starpriest, but maybe there is another obvious synergy I am missing.

MB

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Add 10 more knights and take the Firelance starhost and add a skink starpriest maybe?

Ritual, MerciaBear and Bowser like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I agree with @Crowsfoot Though I might say scar-vet on cold one, instead of starpriest. Though the magic is nice to have. When do you move up in points?

MerciaBear likes this.
  4. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

I think the firelance has to have three units of knights unless im mistaken?

Bowser, we arent moving up officially for a few weeks but im getting my thinking cap on now :)

If I took the scar vet on cold one wouldnt his command ability be negated by the carnosaur depending on who is the general?

PurpleandGold, Bowser and Ritual like this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

It doe's so you go
    2*5
    1*10

I still think you need some magic, mystic shield on 10 knight as they charge could be a game changer.

Edit: thinking about a skink priest with feathered cloak might be better, he is fast and can fly so easier to move him out of harms way.

I love knights and Skinks why can't we have Skink riders!!!!!

Bowser likes this.
  6. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

Duh sorry didnt see that :)

Yeh i didnt think about mystic shield on the charging knights. That is monstrous. Or maybe use summon starlight to protect them instead of mystic shield? Wonder which is better? Plus I could use the star priest ability to double the damage of their jaws.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Whenever I am making a list the Starpriest goes on first and I work there... He is pretty rad.

8. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

I think at low points he offers a lot of force multipliers. He is a magic user, has an attack buff (serpent staff) and a defence buff (summon starlight). As well as the normal spells. Ive previously been playing at 750pts and had access to none of that with my only leader being the scar vet on carno.

I cant see him staying on the shelf!

Bowser, Ritual and Crowsfoot like this.
  9. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Yeah, for sure. I am currently working out a 700 point list for an escalation thingy that's happening... Pretty sure I am taking a Starpriest though!

Bowser and MerciaBear like this.
  10. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

Some more advice appreciated, ive mocked up my next opponents likely list. I am not sure what he will take to fill the last 220pts but general advice against this Sylvaneth list would be appreciated.

Taking into account the likely build I am using. I lost to this list at 750pts.

Branchwych (100)
    - General
    - Deepwood Spell: Regrowth

20 x Dryads (240)
    3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)
    - Greatbows
    Treelord (260)

Total: 780/1000

11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Not using the cold one rider for his command ability, just because he is a combat beast! As for Sylvaneth, the Branchwych will be protected but that is target prime. If you take scar-vet on cold one and on carno have them focus on the tree lord. Your knights should be able to takr the hunters and dryads, though maybe the starpriest will be better than the cold one cowboy

12. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

Awesome thanks Bowser. Last time I played I chucked the knights carno against the tree and they got stuck there for three rounds of combat :/ but yeh this time I'll smash his squishies first. The tree is slow moving too. So I'm just going to deploy away from it.

13. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

Well I won the opening game against a tough sylvaneth force that included Drycha. The Bastiladon was brilliant. Killed ten dryads then Drycha spent two turns on it to kill it. Those mortal wounds saves are brilliant.

The Starseer was good, but I struggled to get him to keep up with the knights to get the serpent staff buff (only an 8" range). The heavenly light spell was brilliant though, kept them alive another turn.

I think the time has come to turn to skinks as my battleline. More mobile, much cheaper. Shenigans!

14. Crowsfoot
    Slann

YES

Bowser and Seraphage like this.
  15. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

I think they offer a lot more than warriors! Ive kitted mine out with boltspitters and shields. Seemed the sensible way to go!

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  16. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Skinks point for point are probably the best battleline unit. I am a saurus guy, but honestly the wary fighter ability is worth a lot for chaff/charge blocking purposes.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  17. Crowsfoot
    Slann

So what will the list look like?

Bowser likes this.