1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 1k SCOR+skink

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Lord Campman, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Lord Campman
    Skink

Lord Campman New Member

Hi! Here's my new lizardmen armylist, it's not a very serious list but i want to give it a try, plz comment!

Heroes: Scar-vet on CO: Itzl, Tepok, LA, shield, Sword of battle (he will join to the SCOR) => 142 pts
    Skink priest: lvl2, Diadem of power => 135pts

Core: 10 skink: blowpipe, scout => 70 pts
    10 skink: blowpipe (if i need more scout i will reduce the priest to lvl1) => 60 pts
    10 skink: javelin+shield => 60 pts
    10 skink: javelin+shield => 60 pts

Special: 6 SCOR: standard bearer, musician, Huanchi's blessed totem (for fun :D ) => 280 pts

Rare: 3 Salamander => 195 pts

Thx, Campman

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I like the look of that list moves quick, although you'll have to make sure that you make the charge, and the haunchi totem is your best bet for that sometimes you can get a 1st turn charge off it if you are lucky. Just move your full distance to them and if it looks close enough you activate haunchi's and boom your in combat. Although if that fails your probably getting charged. On thing to concider is giving your saurus the scimitar of the sun, 2 extra attacks can really bring the pain.

Anyways good luck have fun.

3. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

I would actually have to disagree with Craken on the point of magic items, as your list already seems a little slim as it is. Really, it relies upon one major hitty unit. IMO, putting your Scar-Veteren in your SCOR makes it even more of a all-your-eggs-in-one-basket problem. Never mind the fact that the unit you rely on could go stupid. I would suggest keeping your hero independent from the cavalry in order to protect your skirmish units as your combat unit goes in for the kill.

Dont forget that at 7 wide most likely 2 cavalry bases are not going to get into B2B with a 5-wide R&F unit.

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I dunno I've had great success with a unit of SCoR with the hero in it, Although you could afford to drop 1 CoR so that your guys can get in base combat. 6 can usually get in base combat with everything. Maybe not so much gnoblars and such.

5. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Yes, I have no doubt that the SCOR w/Scar Vet will do quite well, but the point is that 1 failed retrain, or 1 well placed march blocker, or indeed 1-2 casualties from shooting, and your only viable CC unit is out of the game for 1-2 turns. My only ponit is that the SCOR should be able to do well enough on their own, and at 1000 pts the scar veteren could be better used elsewhere as an independent deterent. with a Jaguar totem he could combo charge easily enough with the SCOR without being restrained by their LOS arc + slow move.

6. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya for sure. A single hero can be just as devistating

7. Lord Campman
    Skink

Lord Campman New Member

Well, i was thinking to drop one of the riders and put the scimitar to the hero. And i will get plus 10 ponts for 1 :D skink skirmisher. Would it be a better solution?

8. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Or you can pay 10 points and make a whole unit skirmishers (unit of 10 that is)