1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1K Seraphon vs Devorted of Sigmar

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Vexcor, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

We played our first aos 2.0 match and it was awesome! We played with no objectives, just for fun to get the new rules correct. Here we have the armies:

Seraphon

-Slann Starmaster

General, retrices, fast intellect

-Skink Priest

- Skink Starpriest

- EotG

-20 Saurus Warrior

Clubs

-5 Saurus Knights

Lances

Chronomatig Cogs

And my Friend:

Devoted of Sigmar

-War altar

General, Phoenix Stone

-War priest

Hammers

-War Priest

Shield

- witch hunter

- 20 x Flagellants

-20 x Flagellants

Battalion: Pilgrimage of Warth

I was so hyped about the new summoning! The plan was to cast Cogs with the starpriest for the slann, so he can generate 13 Points per turn. Priest just for a bit rerolling to stabilize the combat and everything else is to guard the slann.

Turn 1:

Devoted of Sigmar started the game. Hero phase buffed everything up, flagellants with rerolling to hit and 6+ save to ignore dmg. Shooting a little bit in my saurus knights, nothing happenend (bad rolling for him). Movement he spent 3 command points in running, he had less points and a battalions for 3 points in turn 1. They came really far in turn 1, so that they can start fighting turn 2.

My turn. The Priest failed the trapping, but the starpriest got the cogs off, opponent failed the unbinding. Slann rolled a one, so +1 to run and charge for everything. The EotG rolled a 16(!) so I summoned 20 Skinks behind him. Slann casted nothing, so with the cogs I got 13 summoning points which I didn’t spent this turn. movement was short, the main army didn’t move, but the skinks got 3” away from his warpriest and altar. Shooting was also short, skinks managed to do 2 dmg in the warpriest with hammers. Chargephase: the skinks charged the priest and altar to bind them in close combat to separate his army. No dmg was done, but 8 skinks died and 4 more run away in the battleshock. Warpriest and Altar still in combat and cannot move.

Turn 2:

I won the Roll and start turn 2. That was a disaster for him! Skink Priest failed again the 4+, Starpriest got Starlight on the Saurus knights, the EotG rolled a 17(!) and summoned 10 Saurus Warriors with Spears behind him. Slann again cast nothing for 13 more points, now 26 in total. Now we don’t have to be shy: EVERYTHING moved forward and is in charge range. At the end of the movement I spent 24 summoning points for a ScarVet on Carnosaurus in front of his Flagellants. Shooting was really short again, no dmg was done, but now is the charge phase coming ;). The 10 new warriors charged the war altar and surrounded him immediately. Saurus knights and carno charged the first 20 flagellants and the 20 saurus warriors with clubs charged the other flagellants. Combat phase was really bloody! Skinks got wiped out, warriors got 6 wounds on altar, lost 1, 20 warriors killed 10 flagellants, lost 8 in return. 1 knight goes down and carno lost 1 life, wipes out 11 flagellants in return. Battleshocks lost me 4 warriors with clubs on top.

Devorted starts his turn 2. Buffed up what was possible, dispelled my cogs. Nothing could move, all in close combat. Shooting killed 4 saurus warriors with spears. Combat was brutal again! War altar has 2 wounds left, did nothing in return. All flagellants are wiped out, killed the rest of my saurus warriors and on the other side nothing was harmed (I felt so bad for my friend, knight with carno destroyed the right side completely).

Turn 3:

He surrendered after I told him, that I have 12 summoning points in this round and not sure if I set up 2 salamanders to burn his warpriests or 1 sunblood to just smash them in pieces :D.

All in all it was brutal how strong this summoning was, besides that the EotG was really lucky and a gamechanger. Now I am not allowed to do summoning with my friends until they find a way to stop turn 2 extra bastilodons or carnos :D.

Warden, Aginor, Chico and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah sounds like you got some good summons off. :)
    Thanks for the report!

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Nice report but I'm not sure you should let your friends stop you summoning, surely that is the challenge for them, take out the slann asap

4. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

when i take out the slann, then i cant summon anything.
    ok, the EotG could do it sometimes, but without the slann i cant control it anymore

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

You misunderstood me, your friends need to take out the slann as in kill it.

6. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

you right, that is what i told him :D.
    he didnt listen, so he has to take it !

7. Teheloqtec
    Saurus

Teheloqtec Active Member

Great report and congratulations on your victory!

Just a question, did you move and charge with your summoned units on the same turn they got on the table? Because you can't do that and I can see why your friends would see it as OP. There's a huge difference when you have to wait a whole turn to actually attack with your summoned units.

8. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

the summoned units only charged, the summoned from the EotG moved and charged, because it was before the change in the warscroll

Teheloqtec likes this.
  9. Teheloqtec
    Saurus

Teheloqtec Active Member

Oh, I see. Well then double congratulations on a well won battle, may it be the first of many!

10. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

thx ^^