1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k Shadowstrike

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Rathamanti, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Rathamanti
    Jungle Swarm

Rathamanti New Member

I am totally new to AoS, and I love skinks and the Ripperdactyls. Therefor a 1000 point Shadowstrike army seems tempting to me. Would something like this work? If not, what would be a good, competitive 1000 point army (in general. No restrictions other than pure Seraphon)?

Are there any must-have units (in AoS 2.0), that all Seraphon players must have?

I have painted my first unit which is the 10 skinks with javelins. Are javelins bad compared to boltspitters? If not, should they be kept in units of 10 to make sure all are in range?

Skink Starpriest

10 x Skinks w. javelins and shields
    20 x Skinks w. Boltspitters and shields

Bastiladon w. Solar Engine

6 x Ripperdactyls

Shadowstrike Starhost

2. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

What you have here is about as competitive as 1k Seraphon lists get. As you'll be using the skinks primarily to grab objectives rather than deal any serious damage, javelins on the unit of 10 should be fine. Basically you have to hope that the Ripperdactyls do enough critical damage on your first turn that your opponent is gimped for the rest of the game (very possible with six Rippers).

It may be too early to tell but from what I've seen lists like this will still be decent in AoS 2.0. It may even become stronger as depending on how GW clarifies a change to the core rules that suggests warscroll abilities override them. If Ripperdactyl attacks are indeed allowed to generate further attacks indefinitely, then they just became stupid powerful. As for must-have units, a Slann may become more of a must-have but his cost means that he will likely only be used in larger games.

Rathamanti likes this.
  3. Rathamanti
    Jungle Swarm

Rathamanti New Member

Oops... it honestly wasn’t my intention to make the most competitive list. I just really like skinks and rippers, and the bastiladon seemed like a Dino I would get much use out of in several different lists.

Would you say the list is “un-fun” to play against? If so, which other type of list should I look at? A list that’s competitive, but fun to play against.

And thanks a lot for the answer, PabloTho!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  4. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

It's quite strong for 1000 points but definitely not 'cheesy' strong. Ripperdactyls have been known to raise a few eyebrows but don't let that stop you if you like using them.

5. Rathamanti
    Jungle Swarm

Rathamanti New Member

Cool! I don’t know if I like to play with them - they just look awesome. I just don’t want to buy two packs of them just to find out my friends won’t have fun playing against them...