1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1st Seraphon army 1k/2k list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jake Wilson, May 25, 2017.

1. Jake Wilson
    Jungle Swarm

Jake Wilson New Member

Hello, I am brand new to tabletop gaming in general, and after getting into all the lore after playing a ton of Total War Warhammer I read endless amounts of Warhammer lore which eventually lead me to AOS and decided to visit a wonderful GW store here in MN. I decided to start a Seraphon army and in my local area looks like I'd be playing against some skaven, khorne, stormcast, and sylvaneth factions. Is it true that the Stormcast are insanely powerful vs everything?

I am currently building the Get Started box/Skink box. I am looking for a 1k list primarily to build toward pretty quick in the month or 2 that might lean more in favor vs these factions play styles if that is even possible, and a 2k list as soon as i can get them built and painted. Any suggestions/lists I would be very grateful for.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Tony Vainer
    Jungle Swarm

Tony Vainer New Member

The stormcasts are indeed good, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them insanely powerful. Think of them as a toolbox that has things to deal with a variety of threats. As for list building, what do you like most? Seraphon have a very good range of play styles. If you want to be a ranged army, I would reccomend adding a bastiladon or stegadon, and more skinks. If you want to go fast, you can never go wrong with Saurus Knights. Just build them with lances. If you want a tough and survivable infantry core, run Saurus guard and warriors.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Jake Wilson
    Jungle Swarm

Jake Wilson New Member

Thank you,

I definitely like the idea of a mixed army but probably lean more toward ranged (really like the massive beasts like bastiladon/stegadon) as i move toward 2k battles. Since I have a buddy recently starting with this 1k list ill be playing him the most - what might be a good set up vs all this infantry?

1x Mighty Lord of Khorne
    1x Bloodsecrator
    1x Slaughterpriest
    30x Bloodreavers
    15x Blood Warriors
    3x Mighty Skullcrushers
    (hes working on some ranged skaven options as well atm to throw in later)

Bowser likes this.
  4. Tony Vainer
    Jungle Swarm

Tony Vainer New Member

Definitely a stegadon with sun fire throwers. A bastiladon would be nice to snipe heroes at a distance as well. The stegadon should be able to remove his reavers at range, just remember to screen it with some skinks or Saurus to block charges. With the skullcrushers, make sure to charge them before they charge you, or else kill them at range.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Something like this
    Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)
    - Warblade
    Skink Starpriest (100)

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs
    - Clubs
    Units
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (300)

Total: 980/1000
    Or
    Leaders
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)

Battleline
    - Clubs
    - Clubs

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (300)
    Bastiladon (300)

Total: 1000/1000
    Should serve you well.

Feel free to play around based in your needs and playstyle though.

I always recommend for the start collecting box to make the carnosaur, use the oracle from the trog as a skink starpriest or chief, and make one of the knights into a scar-vet on cold one. This opens up a lot of options for you.

This may also work well for you, lots of movement, easy to snipe heroes, the chief can buff any other unit.
    Leaders
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    Skink Chief (60)
    - Golden Sickle

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (80)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (80)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers

Units
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)