1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2,000 v SCE w/ celestant prime

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by dinoSTARZ, Mar 11, 2018.

1. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Help with 2,000 units vs stormcast tomorrow! This is the guy everyone loves to beat at my local store. He has typical units with a ten archer part that was the bane of my existence last time but likely adding in a celestant prime!

The following is all I have, so There are few options to move around at the 2,000 point list...nevertheless strategy and list help is desired!

Scarvet on carnosaur (240)
    Old blood on carnosaur (280)
    Troglodon (180)
    Bastilidon (280)
    Up to 15 knights (100-300)
    40 skinks (200)
    40 Saurus warrior (360)
    5 Saurus Guard (100)
    Skink starpriest (80)
    5 Chameleon skinks (120)
    Saurus Sunblood (120)

Captaniser likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I would probably try and play a horde list.
    The Celestant Prime can easily snipe heroes and your opponent probably has enough mortal wounds flying around to kill our elite stuff pretty quickly.
    So what you can do is play your Saurus and Skink blobs and the heroes to buff them, and just flood the table with bodies.

3. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

He didn't use the prime. He used a bunch of Dracoliths (if that's the correct word) which were like cat/dragon things that were pretty strong but I focused them and killed them off fairly quickly. This guy sent retributors to storm strike by my carnosaurs so I simply ran them away and he never got to use them for anything except 440 points of one objective holding :p. Now he has the idea that he needs to use tons of liberators and archers to combat my hordes. I understand a lot of people don't care to tailor lists vs individual opponents, but that's how these games are going down! Considering that...would it make sense to go Lord Kroak to damage what looks like is going to change to be a many units heavy focused army on his side or is kroak better against elite hero groups?

Captaniser likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Kroak is devastating against elite armies. I am not saying he is bad against hordes but I think we have better stuff there.
    If he goes the horde way a mobile shooting heavy list might be great. Liberators are slow and if he plays a lot of them they will be a bit unwieldy. That can be your advantage.
    Tear the archers apart with fast glass cannon units like Terradons, Rippers or cycle-charging Knights while the Liberators chase you around the board, and in each shooting phase he will lose some Liberators to your shooting.

Seraphage likes this.
  5. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Ah thanks for the advice! I don't have rippers or terradons yet (I just have what's listed above) but those sound helpful! I've had a heck of a time getting to backline units in the games I've played so far. If I teleport a unit in and it fails the charge roll, it gets shredded by those shockwave archers, so I've learned to be afraid to do so. With 24" range, I don't have a way of out ranging him currently. Will be adding in some rippers soon then!