1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 point Firelance and Kroak

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Hlopchek, Apr 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hlopchek
    Skink

Hlopchek Active Member

Playing a 2000 point game against my friends Kharadron Overlords. Last time I played him I used a ThunderQuak Starhost list and I think he might hate Bastiladons now. So today I thought I would use a less competitive list and try out some things that sound fun to me. I almost went with a 5 40 man unit skinks list but decided I still want to have people who are willing to play games with me.

Here is the list I want to try out:

Heroes

Slann, Great Remember 260

Lord Kroak 450

Saurus Eternity Warden 140 Incandescent Rectrices

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One, Quicksilver Potion 100

Skink Starpriest 80

Units

Saurus Knights with lances (15) 270

Saurus Knights with clubs (10) 180

Saurus Knights with clubs (5) 90

Skinks with boltspitters and moonstoneclubs (20) 120

Battalions

Firelance Starhost 150

Endless Spells

Geminids of Uhl-Gysh 40

Aethorvoid Pendulum 40

Chronomatic Cogs 60

Quicksilver Swords 20

Total: 2000 Points

I am pretty certain that the list my friend uses has fewer drops than mine so he will get to choose who goes first. With his Kharadron Overlords he generally chooses to go second. So here is my first ideal turn.

Ideal First Turn
    • Slann rolls The Hunter Steed, or The Sage’s Staff on Cestial Configuration
    • Slann gets Chronomatic Cogs down and chooses Speed up Time to add 2 to charge rolls and move rolls.
    • Use Kroaks command ability Impeccable Foresight , to try and get some extra command points. Can get you up to 4 command points with the extra battalion command point and the command point you get at the start of your turn.
    • Skink Starpriest points Serpent Staff at 15 Knight unit and use Summon Starlight if anything is close enough. If not try to throw out and endless spell for fun.
    • Saurus Scar Veteran On Cold one uses Savage charge command ability.
    • Slann Uses Gift From the Heavens to give Knights fly and reroll failed save rolls in the shooting phase.
    Lords of Space and Time Shenanigans
    • Teleport 15 Knight unit 9 inches away from something.
    • Deploy the Scar Veteran on Cold One on the front line behind some skinks so he has the possibility of running within range to support the knights with Savage Charge and Azyrite Hunters. If he does not have a good change of running close enough to support the knights use your second teleport to get him close as well.
    • If the Scar vet on cold one is in range with a run teleport the 10 man knight unit or Kroak to start throwing spells out. Probably Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (-1 to hit makes Kharadron very sad), Comets Call and Celestial Deliverance twice. Might rethink this for Kroak. Depends on the positioning of the enemy.
    If everything goes well you should have a flying (Gift From the Heavens) 15 knight unit 9 inches away from something with a +6 on charge rolls (The Hunters Steed +1, Chronomatic Cogs +2, Azyrite Hunters +3). With rerolling 1’s to hit and charge because of Savage Charge. Savage Charge will also give +1 attack with the cold one’s vicious bite, and each bite and attack will cause twice the normal amount of damage on a 6+ to wound because of the Starpriest’s Serpent Staff. Celestite Lances will cause two mortal wounds in addition to regular damage on a 6+ to wound because of Blazing Lances and Blazing Cohort. The unit should also get to re-roll saves during shooting phase because of Gfit from the Heavens. So 15 Lance attacks, 15 Powerful Jaws and Stardrake Shield Attacks, and 45 Cold One’s Vicious Bite Attacks.

What I think will actually happen

Either things get really messed up during my Hero Phase and things don't go according to my plan or, my friend is not dumb. He will see all the heroes, decided to go first, shoot my heroes, and make me sad. That is why I have my Eternity Warden to try and keep Slann and Kraak alive. If I was not against a Kharadron list with so much shooting I would just rely on my battle line units to keep my heroes safe for turn one, replace the eternity warden and one of my 40 point endless spells with an Astrolith bearer, and teleport the Astrolith Bearer instead of Kroak to try and get re-rolls for all hit rolls for the 15 man knight unit.

After the first turn I figured I would just play it by ear. Any thoughts? Am I royally messing up some rules here?

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Holy Endless Spells Batman!

KO are in a rough place. It is always nice to have a playgroup capable of accommodating weaker armies.

Enjoy your game.

Nazqua and Schwaaah like this.