1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 Point Saurus List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by claymore36, Feb 16, 2017.

1. claymore36
    Saurus

claymore36 Active Member

So me and my friends haven't decided whether or not we'll use formations (I'm not a fan of them in 40k although they seem a little more balanced and useful for fun builds in AoS). With that in mind this list doesn't use a battalion of any sort. It's mostly for fun games but I do like to win on occasion so offer any suggestions you have.

Leader:
    -Scar-Vet on Carnosaur (General)
    -Astrolith Bearer
    -Skink Starpriest
    -Skink Priest (Priestly Trappings)

Battleline:
    -40 Saurus Warriors (Spears)
    -10 Saurus Knights (Lances)
    -5 Saurus Knights (Lances)
    -15 Saurus Guard

Artillery:
    -2 Salamanders (Plus 6 Handlers)

Other:
    -5 Chameleon Skinks

This is working with remnants of my old lizardmen collection and some new additions and I'd like to avoid getting to many more right away (don't worry I'll eventually add more guard, a bastiladon, and maybe a slann). The basic plan is for my guard to slowly advance to the nearest objective and hold it with the priest nearby to boost their save and offer the occasional celestial rites buff. The warriors will advance up the middle with the standard bearer in tow to force my opponent to engage while the smaller saurus knight unit hovers on the flank ready to assist. The larger unit of knights will be supported by the starpriest to buff their bite attacks or maybe to throw a mystic shield on my warriors. Their job is to pick out smaller elite units and hopefully throw a few mortal wounds on them, my general will help them as needed. The salamanders will guard a flank and hopefully burn anyone caught in a fight with my warriors while the chameleons target weapon crews and distant objectives.

Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Solid list, covers a lot of bases. If you have a starseer I would drop the astrolith for that. But astrolith is definitely a decent fit for this list. I might also drop the priest for a scar-vet on cold one, but just because he is more killy.

3. claymore36
    Saurus

claymore36 Active Member

I considered a scar vet on old one. I have a couple extra knights so I can make one easy enough. And yeah I want to try a starseer at some point. i could probably kitbash one from an unused engine of the gods if needed. Thank you.

Bowser likes this.