1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 point Skink Only List I'm Currently Running

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Archkyrie11, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

Hey Guys, I've had a few people ask so I decided to go ahead and post my skink list I have been running lately. It can be difficult to run sometimes but oh boy is it fun to run and has an absurd amount of shooting. My win rate is probably about 50% but a lot of my losses were early on when I was trying to figure how to work it.

The List is:

240 points - 30x Skinks - Boltspitters & Shields
    240 points - 30x Skinks - Boltspitters & Shields (In Shadowstrike)
    120 points - 5x Chameleon Skinks
    140 points - 3x Ripperdactyls (In Shadowstrike)

240 points - Engine of the Gods (Pheonix Stone, In Shadowstrike)
    100 points - Skink Starpriest
    60 points - Skink Chief (General, Master of Defense, Talisman of Blinding Light)

300 points - Bastiladon
    200 points - Troglodon

120 points - Shadowstrike Starhost

2000/2000

100+ Shots every shooting phase, very mobile, and Shadowstrike shenanigans. Probably the most fun I ever have is running this list. What do you all think :D

Ritual and Aginor like this.
  2. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Definitely sounds like fun ! How do you cope with anti horde units ? That deal big units a lot etc ? And shooting armies that have about 30" that I guess puts our 16" to a disadvantage ?

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Interesting.
    But aren't 30 Skinks a bit risky? If you only lose one in a group a lot of attacks is gone. That's why I would rather run two groups of 40 and reduce one of the groups to ten.
    And yeah, an army with proper shooting or artillery might be very hard to fight with that list.
    I also wonder if the EotG is worth it without a Slann to make it more reliable. How do you use it?

Ritual likes this.
  4. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Skinks aren't number attacks they would just lose hitting on 3's and go to 4's which is still respectable. And I used to run the slann but my specific group I play just target it and it never gets use anyway. Im usually pretty fine with the EoTG on it's own. It pretty much follows the skinks around and gives the battalion bonus and can live longer than the other options.

Ritual likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Ah ok.

Yeah sorry I confused +1 hit with +1 attacks (guess my mind was somewhere near Saurus)

Ritual likes this.
  6. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

So I'm thinking about making some slight changes to the list to hopefully get a little more hitting power.
    How would something like this work

160 points - 20x Skinks - Boltspitters & Shields
    120 points - 5x Chameleon Skinks
    140 points - 3x Ripperdactyls (In Shadowstrike)
    180 points - 3x Kroxigors
    180 points - 3x Kroxigors

160 points - Skink Starseer
    100 points - Skink Starpriest (Pheonix Stone, In Shadowstrike)
    60 points - Skink Chief (General, Master of Defense, Talisman of Blinding Light)

300 points - Bastiladon

120 points - Shadowstrike Starhost

2000/2000

The Troglodon hadn't been doing all that much for me, even though I wish it would, I love that thing. The Engine also even though I've had decent success without a Slann there's always a couple times where it decides it wants to do its own thing. So if I drop them and 10 skinks I'm able to get in 6 Krox and a Starseer. I'd have a hard hitting wall buffed by the Skinks that could stand in front and protect them and the Starseer for extra magic and the re-rolls.

I'll probably change the artifacts around to hadn't put much thought into that yet.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  7. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

I actually like this list on paper a lot. It is really Mobile and gives you lots and lots of choices to work with. I wouldn't change a thing and I will try this list one day as soon as I have the models required.

The biggest problem it ll have will probably be shooting armies that are also mobile that will outrange you. It could be an all around list against most things

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  8. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Yea there is a few things that could cause me issues, but i don't really see them all to often in my meta. Plus you can't prepare for everything. I just waiting for my krox and my starseer to come in the mail, and I'm slowly painting all those skinks, I've had 4 boxes of just primed for months

Ritual and Seraphage like this.