1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 Points-Competitive

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lorrec, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Lorrec
    Skink

Lorrec Active Member

Eternal Starhost Battalion

Eternity Warden - Phoenix Stone
    10 Saurus Guard
    10 Saurus Guard
    5 Saurus Guard

Shadowstrike Starhost

Skink Priest - Priestly Trappings, Phoenix Stone
    3 Ripperdactals
    10 Skinks - Blowpipe, Shield
    5 Chameleon Skinks

Sunblood - Master of Defence, Relic Blade
    Bastiladon
    Bastiladon

Total: 2000

I'm wanting to stay 100% Seraphon for this list. 5 deployment drops. Mortal wounds may be an issue, but 25 Saurus Guard is still a lot to chew through. And if my opponent focuses on the Guard then the rippers, sunblood and Bastilladons get to do their job. The goal of the ripppers and Bastilladons will be to take out mortal wound dealers and characters. One alternative I would take would be to drop the sunblood for another unit of chameleons if the tournament does not place 3 places of power. But the sunblood's command ability with the saurus guard damage buff is very hard to pass up. Also the Relic blade lets him dish out some pretty nasty damage at 120 points.

What do y'all think?

Seraphage, Aginor and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This list is great, I would definitely keep the Sunblood, the command ability just works so well here. All your guard rerolling, skinks get rerolls, should be good. Hit fast and hard with the shadowstrike and bastiladons, and a nice slow sweep up with the eternal and sunblood. Should get good results.

3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

The 2+ -> 6 wounds imbalance of destruction aside, I saw a Tzeentz battlerep this morning.. let's just hope you won't face them because they dish them out easily at Hero phase.
    Other than these 2, it seems like a list that could give most of its opponents a hard time :D

Bowser likes this.
  4. Lorrec
    Skink

Lorrec Active Member

Appreciate the advice! Luckily those armies aren't in my local meta yet. Here's an alternative list without shadowstrike, Skinks and Sunblood, using the extra points for another priest, Chameleons and a Starpriest for unbinding and casting.

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    Skink Priest (100)
    - Priestly Trappings
    Skink Priest (100)
    - Priestly Trappings

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    - Seraphon Battleline
    10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    - Seraphon Battleline
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    - Seraphon Battleline

Units
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (300)
    Bastiladon (300)

Battalions
    Eternal Starhost (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I like the first list a little better, a few more outs, less predictable, but having more options is never a bad thing.

Seraphage likes this.
  6. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

I was under the impression that you cannot take Order Alliance things (artefacts and command traits) while simultaneously taking advantage of a different (ex: Seraphon) allegiances bonus, like having Saurus Guard as battleline. (Apologies if you've already discussed this with someone - I haven't checked in on the Lists subforum in a while)

So, your first list looks illegal to me because it takes perks from both Order allegiance and Seraphon allegiance, but the second one looks better because it doesn't expressly include the Order allegiance stuff.

Also your second list looks fun. You have a lot of killing power and defense. You might have some trouble taking objectives first, as most of your army is very slow. But at least you can tear the enemy apart.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

It was errata'd to compete with the new allegiances. So you can gain the upgraded battleline as well as the order abilities and artefacts. The only thing is if you took a seraphon allegiance, anything without Seraphon Keyword is not eligible for artefacts or abilities from the allegiance.

8. Lorrec
    Skink

Lorrec Active Member

As Bowser said it's legal now to take the Allegiance bonuses. Although the list looks slow, the Saurus Guard can march 10", the rippers fly 14", Chameleons appear anywhere. Bastilladons are slow but if I need to I can run them first turn. And the priest can give reroll some for runs and charges which really make the army a lot faster than it looks. I've never had an issue claiming objectives early and can usually claim objectives first turn. 12" deployment + 10" march gets me in range of the 6" area for middle board objectives and Chameleons and Rippers threaten to steal the opponent's deployment objectives at any turn.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

I would love to do that, but could you point me to where it says that? It's not in the Errata on the GW site.

Bowser likes this.
  10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Facebook.
    f5a21db819da4a71a1ec6353cff4610a.jpg

Iskander likes this.
  11. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Wow! Ok. That flies in the face of the language in the GHB and the actual website-pdf-errata, but still good to know!

Bowser likes this.
  12. Lorrec
    Skink

Lorrec Active Member

It's in the General's handbook errata, for page 106. You can choose your specific Allegiance or the Allegiance abilities of the Grand Alliance you belong to. And Seraphon belong to Order. Even if you are Seraphon Allegiance, you can take Grand Alliance Abilities and Artifacts. IMG_4931.PNG

Bowser likes this.
  13. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

To my mind: That's the opposite of what it says there. That errata is express that you take "either" the Grand Alliance abilities "or" the not-grand-alliance.

But either way, the thing Bowser posted clears it up and I think I'm aligned with you guys now, and to get to topic I dragged us away from, it makes your list legal :)

Lorrec and Bowser like this.
  14. Lorrec
    Skink

Lorrec Active Member

No worries. It's good to put these questions out here so others can get the information too.

Bowser and Iskander like this.