1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

6th Ed. 2000 Points vs skaven

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by piel-roja, Mar 13, 2018.

1. piel-roja
    Jungle Swarm

piel-roja New Member

hey guys, we started a league with the 6th Edition. I hope you guys remember the good old times and can give me some tips against skaven.
    Until now I got a draw vs VC and got massacred by ogres. So I hardly need a win soon.
    I am in vacation at the moment so I don't have an army book right now but my list would be kind of this:

-Slann, gen. 4, 5+ ward safe for the unit, PoTepok, diadem of power
    -skink priest, cube of darkness
    -skink priest, scout, scroll
    -skink priest, scout, scroll

-10 skink scout, blowpipes
    -10 skink jav / shield
    -10 skink jav / shield
    -16 saurus warrior, full command with speers

-6 chameleon skinks
    -3 terrasons
    -6 saurus Cav., full command, huanchi totem

-3x salamander
    -3x salamander

So the slann and the priests should raise hell on the skaven with damage spells.
    Chameleons are there for a warp canon, scout skinks for support and the terradons against jizzles.
    Salamander should burn a lot of skaven and the cav is a hard hitting unit.
    The saurus block should win CC against skaven and with a 5+ wardsave and skinks in front it should be able to get to CC

I think it's round about 2k but I need the book to say that exactly.
    What do you think? Any tips are very welcome :)

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Carnasaur

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Well-Known Member

An interesting list. I like to see the lack of hordes, as I don’t like to see hordes unless they are of expendable quantity troops like Skinks, because I believe they are cumbersome and expensive, and I hate how GW really advocated the use of them in 8th. I can’t offer you much in terms of tactics because I joined the Warhammer community in 7th Ed, but I can provide you with a link to a website that has PDFs of all army books in existence, so you can look at a 6th Ed book even on holiday:
    https://vk.com/page-66400870_49542856

Hope this helps!

piel-roja likes this.
  3. piel-roja
    Jungle Swarm

piel-roja New Member

Oh that's a good side. I can also look in my enemies army books. Thank you. Not the kind of advice I was looking for but helpful anyway :)

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Carnasaur

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Well-Known Member

Use it wisely and responsibly, and it will serve you well.

:)