1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 pts GT Tourney List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jacob Weed, May 1, 2017.

1. Jacob Weed
    Jungle Swarm

Jacob Weed New Member

Hey guys I'm a decently experienced Seraphon player that has been with the army since 8th and moved with AoS once it came out so I've been refining this list over a good amount of time. I play against a mixed Chaos army and a Stormcast army frequently,both of which have placed highly in local tournaments. I just wanted to put my list out there for any other players as well as look for some feedback on it! Thanks!

Leaders:
    General- Skink Starseer, Master of Defence, Tailsman of Blinding Light (160)
    Engine of the Gods, Phoenix Stone (240)

Battleline:
    Saurus Gaurdx15 (300)
    Saurus Gaurdx5 (100)
    Saurus Gaurdx5 (100)

Artillery:
    Salamandersx3 (180)

Behemoths:
    Bastiladon, Solar Enginex2 (600)
    Engine of the Gods (See Leaders)

Other:
    Chameleon Skinksx5 (120)
    Skink Handlersx3 (40)

Battalions:
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

I figure with this list the Thunderquake Starhost provides enough punching power to handle the bulk of your opponents force from a distance and the supplementalSaurus Guard can provide a strong buffer before enemy's reach the core monsters. The Chameleon Skinks can be used to snipe an important wizard or hero and the other Guard units can grab objectives or protect the Starseer. I have considered dropping the Starseer (and his rerolls) and the chameleons for a 100 pt priest, 140pt etenity warden and 80 pts eternity starhost for a stronger core list but at the cost of the rerolls and skink versatility. Let me know what you think!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I like it, i would probably drop 5 guard for a scar-vet on cold one or something, give you a general with a command ability for those guards.

3. Meatgrinder
    Skink

Meatgrinder Member

Why take a ton of guard? Theyre pretty expensive for what youre getting out of them and you dont have a lot of characters to activate their main benefits. I'd take skinks or warriors instead as screening units and to hold objective, and use the points to take a jade wizard to heal your monsters, because you dont have a slann to activate the formation heal.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Jacob Weed
    Jungle Swarm

Jacob Weed New Member

Yeah I have been playing around with my battleline options more and I'm prefering more skinks to screen and using the points elsewhere

Bowser likes this.
  5. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the rest. Since you don't go for an Eternity Warden and Eternal Starhost you shouldn't invest so many points into glass cannons. Take 3 x 10 skinks battleline instead. As far as the rest 260p are concerned : Invest on a Starpriest for that awesome - and potentially game changing - -1 to hit towards something you need to protect and either boost one of the skink units into 30 or take another 5 chamo skinks * my 2 units of 5 were crucial to the vast majority I 've played so far * and go for that triumph ( if not a gryphon to shoot the heck out of any teleport / digging unit ! )

Bowser likes this.