1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 pts matched play list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by shole, Sep 23, 2017.

1. shole
    Skink

shole Member

After the new abilities of seraphon, i made a list of 2000pts. The idea is the 40 saurous as main force and the 40 skinks pick objectives and shooting with teleport. The rest try to eliminate and capture obj for each scenario. Please provide any advice to improve the list.

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Vast Intellect

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
    - Artefact: Coronal Shield
    Saurus Sunblood (120)
    - Artefact: Blade of Realities
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

Battleline
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    - Spears
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs
    40 x Skinks (200)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)

Battalions
    Sunclaw Starhost (130)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Paul Beenis likes this.
  2. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

I like this list a lot, played something similar. Only thing I would change probably would be Oldblood. While he is potentially awesome, a starpriest is ALWAYS awesome with his Starlight * I usually use it on the 40 man group that wreaks havoc * . Last 180 points I would add a Oldblood on foot for some threat + 5" reroll failed 1 to wound which is way more awesome in action than I thought it would while reading it on paper and finish with 10 more skinks for screening purposes.

Alternatively, turn those last 180 points to a Troglodon for more monster threat and bigger range on slann !

3. shole
    Skink

shole Member

I never thought of an oldblood on foot. It's a great idea combining the reroll to hit of the astrolith with the reroll of 1 to wound. To be honest I was between oldblood on carno or scar vet on carno just cause with the second, I can add a razordon for some extra shooting( though my last game 1 razor did over 20 wounds to paladins in total). The troglodon sounds really nice choice for the first time for the higher chance it has to charge after teleport killing a small unit behind the enemy lines or something important in general. I have my slann the extra skink spell only because he has 3 spells per round and he has really nothing to his warscroll as a strong spell and these two with the mystic shield is imo the best choices.

Seraphage likes this.
  4. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

To be honest I am also kinda leaning towards that way as well. I' m playing lists where my main hitter is a 40man Warrior blob * I started it just because I had the models for it but it actually works pretty well * and the 2nd teleport isn't the most useful thing - or maybe I haven't trained enough yet - because my army cannot afford being broke in too many pieces as it has 2 or 3 strong things with everything rest supporting / screening them.
    Unless something really cool fits though, I am still taking a Starpriest with me in order to be able to spam arcane bolt if needed as it proved more useful than I thought it would since we lack the spam of mortal wounds and my lists aren't heavy ranged