1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 pts (VERY aggressive)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by thedruski, Dec 29, 2016.

1. thedruski
    Jungle Swarm

thedruski New Member

Hey everyone!

I'm currently building a very aggressive Seraphon 2000 pt list.

Leaders:
    (General) SV on Carnosaur - Quicksilver Potion - Reckless Command Trait(for charge re-rolls)
    OB on Carnosaur - Quicksilver Potion
    Slaan Starmaster

Units:
    10x Saurus Knights
    10x Saurus Kinghts
    5x Saurus Knights

Behemoths:
    Troglodon
    Troglodon

Battalions:
    Firelance Starhost

Scenery:
    Balewind Vortex

The idea behind the army is to maximize charge potential. Everything is focused around the charge with the combined abilities of the battalion,Reckless Command Trait, the SV on Carno Command Ability, and Knights abilities we have a +3" re-rollable charge(battalion and Reckless) that could potentially turn every 6 to hit with the lances into an extra attack(SV Carno Command Ability) and turning every 6 to wound into 1 normal wound and 2 mortal wounds.

The Carnosaurs will try to engage combat first so that the Knights can flank and maximize their charges. The Quicksilver potions should allow the Carnos to obliterate whatever they initially charge hopefully allowing them to run and charge the rest of the game increasing their potential threat range immensely.The OB on Carno and Troglodons make for some decent ranged damage with the ability to also wreck in combat.

Troglodons can unbind spells which allows me to keep the Slaan far from enemy wizards. The Slaan will initially be surrounded by the 5 Knights in case of any Deep Striking units. Once the Slaan summons the Balewind Vortex he won't be able to be charged and will have a 3+ save(cover save from BW Vortex) easily increased to a 2+ save with Mystic Shield. Once he's up there he will have a potential range of 51" for spells(18" normal range, doubled to 36" due to the BW Vortex, and 15" range from Troglodons due to Arcane Vassal). As long as a Trogolodon is within 15" of the Slaan he has a threat range of 51" with Arcane Bolt. This should keep him safe in the backfield as long as I can take out any range the enemy has.

Lachlin and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This is a great list, but given the amount of range you potentially have with spells I might drop the second trog for a priest and starpriest, you can still cast through them, but gives you some additional buffs and spells.

thedruski, Killer Angel and Lachlin like this.
  3. thedruski
    Jungle Swarm

thedruski New Member

I'll give that a shot this weekend! I haven't had much luck with the priest, he seems to get focused quickly, but I haven't tried him in a list like this one before.

Bowser likes this.