1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2000p armylist, input wanted

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by masataro, Aug 3, 2015.

1. masataro
    Jungle Swarm

masataro New Member

Hello,

new to the forum and looking for input to my 2000p list below.

Lords:
    Old blood: CO, GW, Armor of dest, Dawnstone, OTS
    Slann: BSB eternal flame, cogitation, Focus of mystery, convergence, high magic, channel staff, dragonbane gem

/711p

Core:
    24 x Saurus warrs, FCM
    10x cohort
    10x cohort
    10x skirmisher, jav&shield
    10x skirmisher, jav&shield

/534p

Rare:
    Ancient stegadon, blowpipes, sharpened horns
    Razordon pack with snack

/319p

Special:
    5x Chamo skinks
    24x Temple guard, discipline standard

/436p

Using skinks to redirect and harass, funnel their fighty block to my TG and combocharging it with the help of steggy or SW. Cowboy doing his thing hunting WM in their deployment.

Thoughts? Should I swap something out? I know I am missing a dispell scroll and a priest, but hey...

2. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I personally like Saurus warriors better than Skinks, but since Skinks is seen as being the better option your Core section is probably fine.

I do think that a single Stegadon might not be effective enough, especially if your opponent has cannons. If going for a more competitive army, I think you should take more Chameleons, and maybe a Salamander or another Razordon.

For the price of the Stegadon you can get two units of 10 Chameleons (just saying ;)).

It really depends on how you want your army to play. Personally I like the big monsters, so I field them even if that might not be the most competitive option. Besides, what else did you take the Lizardmen for, if not the dinos.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

seems fairly normal.