1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 hour painting challenge anyone?

Discussion in '24 hour painting challenge log' started by strewart, Jun 8, 2010.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Some of you may remember back in the old days GW ran a few of these, and posted crazy pictures and funy stories in White Dwarf about a night of insanity in which you attempt to paint for 24 hours straight. They had to make a 1000 point army, with a minimum of 30 models. There was much energy drink, paint drinking, scaring customers the following morning and the like.

I was wondering if there might be enough interest to stage such a thing on Lustria Online? It would be on a weekend, and we could all communicate via a thread, msn, a chatroom or whatever we want to set up, and of course take lots of photos. I know The UnderEmpire has ran at least one.

From personal experience, I have been in a few with friends and while I have never got a full army painted, they have always been great fun. Trying to paint at 5am on no sleep and lots of energy drink is certainly an experience.

Anyone interested in giving it a go one weekend in the near future?

2. wolfspirit
    Skink

wolfspirit New Member

Very Interested (emailed some friends about it hope they will be interested) but might need some time to get the models
    And defiantly won’t be able to do it in the next 4 weeks due to exams (early nights)

3. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

We can try to get a chatroom set up if enough people are interested

4. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

We could also do it via Skype or something like that. Sadly, I don't have any of my paints here, but I'd still tag along for moral support. ;)

5. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

YEAH! I'll withdraw 100 bucks for energy drinks and candy oh and something to paint maybe.... I got skype, teamspeak (with a public server) and ventrilo

6. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

I'm in! Sounds way fun :)

7. strewart
    OldBlood

Yeah it is actually pretty easy to setup a chatroom if we wanted to.

Good point that a lot of people especially in the southern hemisphere have exams coming up. Its not exactly going to be an 'ok, this weekend!' thing, I am just guaging interesting. Probably 3-4 weeks notice would be ok? And I guess thats from a few weeks from now when exams are finished.

Are there any weekends in July that are definitely out for anyone interested? Of course if we want we can do it over 2 weekends, and anyone that wants to just drop in and add moral support over the weekend or chat are more than welcome to.

8. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

I'm in whatever weekend after the beginning of June I hope it won't be before that because I really want to get some of my army done :)

9. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

I'm interested :) but have the same problems as a few others; exams. The only weekends that are a no go for me are the 1st and last weekends ;)

Looking forward to it!

10. Chamen
    Skink

Chamen New Member

I'm in if I can get on the computer for the time.

11. strewart
    OldBlood

Don't worry. I don't think its possible at this stage to make it the beginning of June. :p How about we tentatively aim for the second weekend of July, thats the 10th and 11th?

12. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

Damn :p I meant July ;) 10th and 11th would be fine for me I think :)

13. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

I'd very much like doing something like this. I've been awake for 24 hours straight before, wasting my life on computer games, so why not on something constructive? :)
    Things sure get spazzed out when you sit awake too long. I haven't painted my whole army yet either (if anyone remembers the thread, I guess not) so...

I'm busy on 16th-19th July though, going to Brittland and back.

Cheers!

14. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Sounds interesting. I'd be willing to do it for the sake of fun and getting my butt on some painting. See if I can't drag a few firends along. Only one things, I'm from the US so Idk if that will create problems with chat rooms, skype, etc. I've never used Skype before either :p

15. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

The 10-11 sound good too me :)

16. Captain altharios
    Jungle Swarm

Captain altharios New Member

I'm busy the 19-27 but anytime in july is fine. i'd be happy to co sponser it with Chamber of kings as well.

17. strewart
    OldBlood

Yep, we are going to run the Challenge in collaboration with the Chamber of Kings, which is a board about Mantic models. If you haven't checked out Mantic, they are a new miniature company with extremely good prices compared to GW and are starting to make some very awesome models. Elves were their first army, undead the second and easily much more popular, and Dwarfs are coming very soon. The alliance should get some good exposure for both boards as it will be talked about on Warseer.

Don't worry about time differences, it just means some people will be finishing as others are starting. You could also choose to go friday night to saturday night if you are a long way behind in order to be going around the same time as others. I dare say I will be among the first, but GMT +9.5 hours.

Lets get a bit of an idea of locations though, so we can see where the majority will be. I am in South Australia.

18. Captain altharios
    Jungle Swarm

Captain altharios New Member

19. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

Belgium :D GMT+1

20. wolfspirit
    Skink

wolfspirit New Member