1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2400 Inc Lord Kroak

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Gary_M, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Having put a recent post up that my local club has dropped 8th, I have a game tonight (very hastily arranged!)

Decided to have a go with Lord Kroak.

This is what I'm thinking of, and would welcome comments:

Lords
    Lord Kroak
    Old blood, cold one, Talisman of Preservation, Crown of Command, Dragon Helm, Great Weapon
    Total - 667

Heroes
    Skink Priest, Lvl 1, cloak of feathers (Lore of Heavens)
    Scar Vet, cold one, Armour of Destiny, Great Weapon, BSB.
    Total - 279

Core
    33 Saurus Warriors, full command
    3 x 10 skink skirmishers
    Total - 603

Special
    29 Temple Guard, full command
    6 cold one cav, Leader and std bearer
    Total - 636

Rare
    3 x Razordons plus extra snacks
    Total 207

Total 2392

OR do I drop the Razordons, and take 2 Salamanders plus snacks and a unit of 3 Terradons for 193, which would leave 22 points to spend on 'stuff'.

I was thinking of a refused flank set up. Strong in the middle / one flank with TG and Kroak, Saurus and Cold one cav (inc cowboys). The weaker flank would be the skirmishers and razordons

If I went sallies and terradons, set up would be broadly similar, but terradons might range ahead looking for war machines, if any are present.

I have no idea what I will be facing, so will this be ok against most things?

Thanks for looking and welcome your views.

2. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

I'd take the double sallies plus terradons personally. I think it gives you a bit more flexibility and the sallies provide a way to deal with thick blocks of troops.

3. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

@Rokanos yes I did that.
    Got to say Kroak plus flying skink priest was awesome!
    I was playing a chaos list, and the Itza spell kept whittling them down (it did help that we played Dawn Attack (Scenario 2) where you roll for where you deploy.
    He had to bunch up and as I managed to steal the initiative, the game got off to a good start.
    At the end he had a couple of heroes left. I had the scar vet and old blood and a couple of cold one can plus most of the TG and all my skirmishers.
    First time I've beaten my oppo at fantasy.

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

@Gary_M : what list did your opponent play?

5. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

@NIGHTBRINGER two largish blocks of mounted Knights, each had at least one hero/Lord with lots of toys. One blob of foot warriors inc his BSB, two units of 5 dogs, 5 dragon ogres, 2 chariots. No magic though, which was nice!
    Probably a soft list but he had hoped to be in combat very early and swamp my units.
    The deployments didn't help him and the terrain (which he set up!) also slowed him down.

Sudaj and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

It's definitely not a rock hard net list, but still, it's Warriors of Chaos and they are no push overs. A well deserved win for the Lizardmen.

Sudaj, SlanntaClause and Gary_M like this.
  7. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

@NIGHTBRINGER, thanks.

Just realised I forgot to mention Kroak croaked (see what I did there?)
    But in doing so he allowed the rest of the TG to eliminate the knight unit as the Chaos Lord took about 3/4 turns dealing with Kroak (should have been longer but some of my rolling was very bad on his ward saves).

The spell and shooting took care of the dogs and one chariot, while taking the other down to 1 wound, which was finished off by a salamander charging in! As well as taking off the odd knight / warrior here and there too.

Having been whittled down by the spell, the foot warrior were beaten in combat by the Cold One Cav plus OldBlood (only gave him Halberd), but did kill 4 COC. The Dragon Ogres had been hit by some shooting from the terradons and the spell previously, eventually falling to the scar vet.
    Both units routed, with the 2 remaining COC plus cowboys chasing down the warriors (and killing BSB) while Dragon Ogres ran off the board.

Only really bad point for the lizzies was losing the entire block of saurus to a unit of mounted knights, BUT they did enough to leave only a hero plus unit champ (the unit had also been damaged by the spell).

At the end of the game, said Chaos hero and champ were fighting the COC and cowboys, while TG were holding up the Chaos Lord.

Sallies, terradons and skirmishers were positioned to surround the remaining chaos figures if they managed to win a combat and I fled.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.