1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2400 point 8th/AoS tournament list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Agrem, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Hey guys, could you some advice here.

There's an upcoming tournament that I'm contemplating on attending to. Not sure still if I like the rulespack or not.

Anyway I could use your help on the list. Here's what I'm planning on going with:

Lord Kroak: General
    Slann Mage-Priest: General, Battle Standard Bearer, Wandering Deliberations, Harmonic Converge, Channeling Staff, Ironcurse Icon, Banner of Swiftness
    Saurus Oldblood: Cold One, Great Weapon, Dawnstone, Armour of Destiny, The Other Tricksters’ Shard
    Skink Priest: Heavens, Dispel Scroll
    3 x 10 Skink Skirmishers: Javelin&Shield
    2 x 17 Skink Cohorts: Full Command, Kroxigor
    10 Skink Cohorts: Musician
    26 Temple Guard: Full Command, Razor Standard
    2 x 5 Chameleon Skinks

I got couple of spare points to toy around with still but I'll figure out the use for them eventually. The rules are almost no comp and only character points restrictions affecting to LM: max lords 50%, max heroes 50% but combined max 50%.

That's a pretty standard all comers list. But here's the twist: the first round of the tournament will be played with AoS rules and armies with the following restrictions:

max 2 hero scrolls, no duplicates
    max 2 monster scrolls
    max 24 wounds per scroll, can duplicate scrolls once
    max 12 scrolls total

However I'm only allowed to use the models that I have on my 2400 point tournament list. I can also summon those units/models I have on the 2400 list. What I'm thinking here is that I should probaply go for the sudden death objectives and use quite low number of models in the AoS army. Perhaps just the frogs and summon all the rest?

Any ideas?

BR
    Agrem

n810 likes this.
  2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

What tournament is this?

Edit2Add: I am a lot more fascinated by whatever combination of 8th edition composition rules and AoS playing rules is going on here. Please provide a link to the event web page / rule pack if there is one.

Place both frogs, something that would be hard to summon, some slink shooters, and one squad of the chameleons initially.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  3. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

It's a tournament here in Finland. I can also link you the rulespack if you want but it's in finnish. :)

But as mentioned it's mostly "non-comp". Just some minor adjustments to file out the roughest things.
    AoS will be as written with the GW's errata in use. Just the restrictions on the army as mentioned above.

BR
    Agrem

4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Right, I might not get very far with that.

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

#googletranslate :p

6. Deusvult
    Chameleon Skink

Deusvult Active Member

But we can't Finnish the discussion properly with out the rules pack!!

I think it is a very interesting idea, please post the pack, Ill brave the google translate jungle. Also a report on how it all went would be nice also :)

7. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Deusvult likes this.