1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2500 pts vs Vampire Counts

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Gary_M, May 29, 2014.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

My army:
    Slann, Becalming Cogitation, Harmonic Convergence, Focus of Mystery, Channeling Staff
    Oldblood on cold ne, armour of destiny
    Skink priest, lol 1, beasts, dispel scroll
    Scar vet, cold one, armour of fortune
    Scar vet, sacred Steg helm, warrior bane
    24 Saurus, fc
    23 Saurus, fc (scar vet on foot went with them)
    10 skinks skirmishers
    Bastilodon, solar engine
    20 TG, fc
    Ancient Steg, blowpipes, sharpened horns
    Salamander plus snack
    Salamander plus snack.

The VC list:

Terrorgheist
    30 grave guard with Great weapons
    5 dire wolves
    5 dire wolves
    22zombies plus necromancer
    Corpse cart
    39 skeletons, vampire lord, banner of swiftness
    38 skeletons vampire lord, white king
    Spirit host
    Spirit host
    (Some other magical stuff I can't remember)

Scenario was Dawn Attack.

Table had a few hills and woods evenly spread but in the middle was a big piece of impassable terrain.

I was reasonably lucky with set up. On left I had the skinks and one salamander. Next to them in the centre I had the 2 Saurus blocks. Behind them I placed the Steg and Bastilodon. Then there was a big gap (due to terrain in the middle) which left the slang & TG, the other salamander and the two cowboys on the centre-right and right.

My oppo was heavily weighted to my right flank, with only one spirit host, the zombie unit with necromancer and a unit of dire wolves facing my left and centre.

I won't go into full details of each turn, but high/low lights were getting fiery convocation off twice during the game inc vaporising 22 skeletons on the first turn! The block of 24 Saurus taking three charges, inc one in the flank and holding (snake eyes!) and a handful of TG killing the terrorgheist in two turns of combat. Low lights included miscasting with the Slann on T2, and killing 10 TG with the miscast. In a lot of combat my rolls were appalling, but countering that were some incredible morale rolls. This was my second game with sallies and the second time I've had handlers eaten. I can see their worth but not experienced it yet!

We finished the game at the end of T4 due to time, but final score was 461 to me, 378 to VC. Very close game and probably as close to the perfect draw as we could have achieved.