1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2K 1 Drop Summoning list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by crazyhorse1321, Jun 30, 2018.

1. crazyhorse1321
    Skink

crazyhorse1321 Member

Here is a list I'm thinking about taking to a tournament in a couple months. Let me know what you all think.

Kroak----------450
    Slann(general) Great Remember -------260
    Astrolith-------------160
    Sunblood-------120
    Oldblood on Carno-----260
    10x Saurus-----100
    10x Saurus-----100
    20x Saurus-----200
    Sunclaw Starhost---130
    Fangs of Sotek-----70
    Balewind Vortex----40
    Chronomantic Cogs---60

So thats 1950pts. I can use the last 50 for another endless spell or for a command point or just a salamander or razordon.
    My thought is that it's a one drop so I should get to go 1st most of the time. Turn 1 plant the banner, Slann cast vortex and Krak cast Cogs. Slann teleports Kroak out in front so he can bubble out his mortal wounds, and then teleport back to safety. The slann then has 4 spells to turn into summoning points +1 for being the general and +d3 for the banner. That should yield an average of 15pts turn one. Maybe burn 6 points for 10 skinks if needed. Turn 2 same tactic with Kroak and the Slann but this turn he generates an average of 18 summoning points and I can bring on an EotGs and maybe another 10 skinks or save my 9 points for turn 3. Turn 3 ssame tactic and summon more stuff. What do you all think??

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I have been thinking about a similar list myself.
    Not sure if it will really work though. It does sound pretty nice on paper but I don't know if it will be that great for a tournament.

3. shole
    Skink

shole Member

It is a clever way to pass mortals on enemies from turn 1. I want to ask only 1 thing. If the second roll for teleport is a 1 or 2 and kroak stays alone in the middle of your enemy's 1st round?
    Also, a 20 man block of warriors will do nothing most of the times. I'm not even talk about the 10 man unit.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Edit: ignore this post.

5. crazyhorse1321
    Skink

crazyhorse1321 Member

Kroak usually has 1 or 2 rerolls. The warriors are not there to do work they're just to take up space and hold an objective.

6. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

It's fragile if you happen not to get the first turn against an alpha strike list, and even if you do, if you don't get enough damage out of kroak, you'll likely be in a rough spot because of the lack of bodies/wounds. Ex: They made their army from Hysh and took lens of refraction and he ends up doing only a few MWs with his 4 casts, or they have bonuses to dispelling (Nagash, runesmith, lord of change, etc...) and he doesn't get the spells off.

7. crazyhorse1321
    Skink

crazyhorse1321 Member

With the 3 warrior blocks I would be able to keep things from alpha striking in to kill my frogs. With look out sir the slann will be -1 to hit at range and you won't be able to get into combat with him right away. The lens will reduce MW but only in a 6" bubble so there should still be plenty of MW dealt. The unbinding is the one that worries me the most.

8. shole
    Skink

shole Member

It has potential but my opinion is that you let many things to luck/rolls.
    Definitely try the list and let us know how good it worked

9. Mormblwka
    Saurus

Mormblwka Member

Try taking Spellportal. It will help to deliver mortal wounds from afar with kroak

10. tom
    Skink

tom Member

You can only cast one endless spell per turn, cogs or bwv not both I'm afraid ..

11. Mormblwka
    Saurus

Mormblwka Member

You cannot cast more than 1 endless spell by same wizard

12. Aginor
    Slann

Yep, and the cool thing about the Cogs is that you can use the Cogs that someone else cast for you (unlike the Balewind Vortex)

Mormblwka likes this.
  13. tom
    Skink

tom Member

Interesting, I hadn't picked up on that nuance

14. crazyhorse1321
    Skink

crazyhorse1321 Member

Yeah, The Slann will cast Balewind for himself, Then Kroak will cast the coggs infront of the Slann. Then Kroak gets teleported.