1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoW 2k Army List Advice

Discussion in 'Salamanders Army Lists' started by Captain Wesker, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Captain Wesker
    Jungle Swarm

Captain Wesker New Member

So, this is my 2k List for Salamanders. Can I get it looked at please and checked for points? I have 0 games of V2 under my belt and played some V1 with Ogres. I am hoping to attend a tournament on the 24th, I dont expect to win but I would like to make a showing. I am open to suggestions for other units smile emoticon

Salamander Primes Regiments x 3 - 140 pts each
    Ancients on Rhinosaurs Regiment - 180 Pts
    Ancients on Rhinosaurs Hordes x 2 - 275 Pts Each
    Lekelidon - 95 Points
    Ankylodon Battle Platform - 250 Points
    Battle-Captain with Warbow of Kaba - 80 Pts
    Battle-Captain on Rhinosaur with Inspiring Talisman - 155 Pts
    Clan Lord on Fire Drake with Ensorcelled Armour - 270 Pts

Of the above I only need to buy one more regiment of Salamanders and the Lekelidon.

Beelzebufo likes this.
  2. classicflava
    Cold One

classicflava Active Member

you only have 2 inspiring sources. I recomend a minimum of 3. Maybe make the battle captain a herald. I would also take medalion of life over ensorcelled armour on the clan lord on fire drake

3. Beelzebufo
    Jungle Swarm

Beelzebufo New Member

The points check out ok - I would recommend using http://kow2.easyarmy.com/, it has all the updated point values and Mantic is ok with it for now.

I would also suggest dropping a battle captain for a Herald with the war bow (or Healing Charm, I love that one), since the War Bow only gives him 1 ranged attack anyway, and putting a 11/13 nerve model into combat is always a bit of a risk for only 4 extra attacks. The Battle-Captain on Rhinosaur and Clan Lord on Fire Drake are totally different animals, though. Can't speak for the Medalion of Life or Ensorcelled Armor, never used either so far.