1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2K army list help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by kaesius, Oct 30, 2018.

1. kaesius
    Jungle Swarm

kaesius New Member

Hello! Im playing my first match of AoS against Khorne. This is the list Im thinking of playing

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (260)
    - Artefact: Blade of Realities

Battleline
    20 x Skinks (120)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    - Lances

Units
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)

Battalions
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

Endless Spells
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1960 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 116

We are playing for points. I also own: 6 kroxigors, 1 skink priest, 10 knights, 25 saurus guard and another 20 saurus warriors or so. I can change the Oldblood for a Scar Veteran too.

Any tips for the list? Or how to play against Khorne? I dont know much about his list but he usually plays 2-3 slaughterpriests to get blood points and summon.

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I would switch to a Scarvet on Carno. His command ability on the warriors can be outright devastating. They will generate extra hits on 5/6's instead of just 6;s due to their unit size buff. You could also give the Scarvet the Sword of Judgement from the realm of Ulgu so his 6's to hit deal D6 mortal wounds with his Spear!

Try to keep the warriors in range of Proud Defiance to reroll your failed hits. If you keep summon Starlight on your Warriors they should be able to weather a Bloodletter bomb a bit better.

Try to kill his Bloodsecrator first. It is worth sending the Riperdactyls in to accomplish this. Next you should aim to remove his Slaughtpriest/s. Should your opponent bring Wrathmongers make sure you don't fight them with your Carno nearby.

The last bit of advice vs Khrone would be to avoid fully killing his non-hero units when possible. Starving his flow of Bloodtithe will make your late game easier.

kaesius likes this.
  3. kaesius
    Jungle Swarm

kaesius New Member

Thank you for your advice! I'll switch to Scarvet then. As it cost less points than the Oldblood that should leave me 80 points if Im not mistaken. Should I take the skink priest?

Again, thank you. Ill be sure to take your advice. I would like to be a decent oponent even if I still have a lot to learn.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

For 80 points I would take either two Razordons or two Salamanders, if you own them and/or can proxy them.

kaesius likes this.