1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k Fangs of Sotek List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Putzfrau, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Hello all! As i'm sure many are aware at this point, i've been trying to make a Saurus heavy Fangs of Sotek list work. My current iteration:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Realm: Ulgu

Slann Starmaster
    Vast Intellect​
    Scar Vet on Carnosaur
    Sword of Judgement​
    Old Blood on Carnosaur
    Doppleganger's Cloak​
    Sunblood
    Coronal Shield
    40 Saurus Warriors
    40 Saurus Warriors
    10 Saurus Warriors
    10 Skinks

Geminids

Sunclaw
    Fangs

The basic strategy is to get early board control with the massive first turn move on the Warriors, and use Summon Starlight, Geminids, and the Coronal Shield to lean all the combats in my favor. Generally I summon ~20 extra skinks throughout the battle to teleport onto objectives or movement block.

Any glaring problems or obvious substitutions I should consider? I haven't played with the double blocks of 40 before, and i'm worried i might be too "all in" with the two blocks, and the addition of the Scar Vet over something like an EoTG (which i've been really enjoying).

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Double Warrior block works pretty well. You ideally want to go second turn one unless the objectives demand otherwise. It is also frequently best if you can us your double warrior block in waves. You don't want to have to chose between which block of warriors will attack first.

The Doppleganer's Cloak is tremendously helpful with attack sequencing.

Don't be afraid to screen with your 10 man unit of Saurus Warriors instead of holding the objective with them. You should be able to summon enough skinks to hold backfield locations anyways.

3. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

Boy, I thought my 60 sauri were too much...

Putzfrau likes this.
  4. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply! I've found going second to be hugely helpful in the games I played with only 1 block, so I think i'll definitely carry that strategy forward.

Moving them up in waves is something I haven't thought of before. I have my first game tonight against sacrosanct SCE, so we'll see how it goes!

I often use my 10 man squad to protect my blocks flank and rely on skinks for backfield control, but that was when I only had One block of 40. With two I will probably adjust to using the 10 man as more of a screening/move blocking roll.

LizardWizard likes this.