1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k Heavenswatch

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lizko, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Lizko
    Skink

Lizko Member

Simple list, but seemed to work very well for me with the new rules. Being able to teleport 2 units a turn feels very powerful in objective based games. Yesterday I played on the scorched earth scenario against mixed order army, which lacked good allegiance abilities due to being mixed, but consisted of powerful units regardless, such as multiple kurnoth units, treemen, dryads, waywatchers and stormcasts. The board control offered by the teleports is very nice, which goes without saying.

Anyway, here is my list which I would love some feedback on to tweak it towards the better. Maybe even going for Thunderquake instead is better in the long run.

Leaders
    (General) Slann - Great rememberer, resurrection item - 260 - outside of battallion
    Starseer - 200
    Skink Starpriest - 80
    Skink Priest - (the new "dispel scroll" item from seraphon) - 80

Battleline
    Skinks (20) - 120
    Skinks (10) - 60
    Skinks (10) - 60 - outside of battallion

Other Units
    Ripperdactyl Riders - 140

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (lazer) - 280
    Bastiladon (lazer - 280
    Stegadon (Bow) - 240

Battallions
    Heavenswatch - 200

TOTAL 2000

Noted weaknesses where I'd love opinions for improvement

-I can't help feeling like a Slann with Heavenswatch forces too many heroes to play the battallion. The nice thing is you'll have access to the good spells even if you pick rememberer as command trait, and you'll have plenty of Arcane Vassals when needed.

-The model count is fairly low - I'm sure most of you would run way bigger skink blocks.

-Playing ripperdactyls outside of shadowstrike naturally makes them weaker, but I do have to say It's not that bad anymore since you can still port them- Perhaps even get off the charge due curse of fates and starseer rerolls helping with the teleport table.

Aginor likes this.
  2. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

This has been said in many threads since the release of GHB2017, but I would look at replace at least one bastiladon for razors or sallys, perhaps even both. The amount of dakka per point is insane on razors, well worth investing (math wise anyway).

Lizko and Aginor like this.
  3. Lizko
    Skink

Lizko Member

I've noticed that and completely agree. Been looking into getting either - such a shame they are ridiculously priced though!

Just noticed one of the mandatory 2 Hero choices for the battallion includes Troglodon as an option. What do you think about including a trog instead of the regular priest? By taking out a basti and freeing up points (splitting those points on any combination of trog/salamanders/razordons

4. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

I havn't played with a trog so I cant say. I havn't gotten myself one since they feel a bit on the weak side.
    I think I would do the following:

Cut down the 20 skinks to 10.
    Change the Stegadon to an EotG.
    Remove a bastiladon and add 4x Razordons.
    Add an Astrolith Bearer.

Comes down to 1960 points. You could make the razordon unit 3 and take another group of 10 skinks. Since most of the damage here is shooty/magic you might want some extra chaff :)

5. Lizko
    Skink

Lizko Member

good pointers. But any particular reason for the EotG? Obviously I can get more use out of it since I have a Slann included, but the intention with having a Steg was that its great for teleporting away alongside the ripperdactyls for instance - so that you can utilize the skink alpha ability to push either closer to the target, resulting in a likely charge.

6. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

It synergizes better with the other units than the Stegadon does, but if you want to give the teleporting stega move a try, go for it mate! :)