1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

AoS 2K List for my first (tiny, local) tournament...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Christopher, May 11, 2018.

1. Christopher
    Kroxigor

Christopher Well-Known Member

On Saturday, 26th May, I'll be playing in a one day tournament at a local shop. Three 2000 point games played back to back, and we have to use the same list for each game. I've never been to this shop, but the atmosphere is supposed to be casual and friendly (Kroaknado is not a good choice, I'm told).

I'll be using this thread to work out a 2000 point list that can hopefully be competitive against most comers given the scenarios we're playing, which are shown below. Looks to me like mobility will be key in all three, which is a shame, because I was kind of thinking about a Thunderquake.

Scenario #1
    scenario 1 May 26.jpg
    Scenario #2
    Scenario 2 May 26.jpg
    Scenario #3
    Scenario 3 May 26.jpg

2. Christopher
    Kroxigor

Christopher Well-Known Member

Y'know, it occurs to me that this may very well be the last list I write for this edition of AoS. But probably not (I imagine the June edition of this game day/tournament will still run the current rules).

Here's my first draft!

Allegiance: Seraphon

Slann Starmaster (260) [7]
    --General
    --Leader
    --Command Trait: Great Rememberer
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160) [6]
    --Leader
    --Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280) [12]
    --Leader
    --Behemoth
    --Artefact: Blade of Realities
    Bastiladon (280) [8]
    --Behemoth
    3 Kroxigor (160) [12]
    10 Skinks (60) [10]
    --Battleline
    --Meteoric Javelins and Star-bucklers
    Shadowstrike Starhost (170)
    Skink Starpriest
    --Leader
    10 Skinks (60) [10]
    --Battleline
    --Meteoric Javelins and Star-bucklers
    40 Skinks (200) [40]
    --Battleline
    --Boltspitters and Star-Bucklers
    6 Ripperdactyl Riders (280) [18]

Wounds: 127
    Models: 74

This list is designed to be mobile and flexible, given the variety of deployment and win conditions on tap, and given that I have no idea what armies I'll be facing. I understand that the presence of the Kroxigor might be controversial, but hey, I have them and haven't played with them, and I think they're kind of hilarious. They still need to be built, though, as will a bunch of Skinks with Javelins. If I happen to get any extra money in in the next week or so I might pick up another Bastiladon and swap it in for the Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur, but for now, this is what I'm thinking about!

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

Sounds like it could work. The Kroxigor are an interesting idea. Supported by the Skinks they can be decent.