1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k pts - order heavy shooting

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Killer Angel, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Lately in my meta i tend to face these kind of lists:
    Chaos with Archaon;
    Khorne with Skarbrand;
    Beastmen with ghorgon, jabberslithe...;
    Ogre with stonehorn, thundertusk...;
    Orcs with mangler squigs...

If you're noticing a trend, you're right.

So, what's the best answer to those chaos and destruction heavy hitters?
    Order Heavy shooting!

2000 pts:

4 warmachines + 2 heroes:
    Dwarfs cannon
    Dwarfs cannon
    Dwarfs cannon
    Dwarfs bolt thrower
    Dwarf engineer
    Starseer (to buff those warmachines)

('til now : 900 pts)

3 behemots:
    Bastiladon *laser
    Bastiladon *laser
    Stegadon
    (860 pts)
    As you can see, those monsters will act as additional warmachines.
    I could use a steam tank instead of a Bastiladon, but I don't have the model.

240 points remaining... 3 battleline... 3x 10 skinks, here we go!

This list is weak against many opponents (deep strikers, for example), but the 4 warmachines and the 3 behemots, buffed by the heroes, will inflict a TON of heavy ranged damage, the dinos will also enter melee, and the skinks are there mostly to take objectives ( and give some little more shooting )

I'm going to be hated. ..

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Haha! I too am gettinga little tired of Archaon and Skarbrand, especially in the same army! This looks like a fun way to usher them out!

3. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

I like the idea and thinking around this list, and it seems that the generals handbook has opened us up to new list with other order factions. maybe I would swap out some dwarf artillery for a luminark of hysh as that gives you spells as well as high damage ranged attacks. also it is not as vulnerable as artillery crew to deep strickers, as it is a war machine.

Fun story: in two turns my bastilidon killed archaon due to it doing three damage to him from him being a daemon. the look on my opponents face was priceless...

Bowser likes this.
  4. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

Whats about the hurricanum? Nice Output, offensive counterspell and a buff for all the war maschines

Bowser likes this.
  5. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

I dont think that this would fit with the artillery theme. The luminark was linda of as well, but at least iy shoots.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Empire got really cool and strong models and i am not saying they wouldn't work in this list. .. but I have not the models :(

I'll work on it, but I don't like too much to proxy, so I didn't include them

Bowser and dwarfepic like this.
  7. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

Can someone give me the point costs of the dwarfs warmaschines? And the Engineering? Im on vacation and cant look in my handbook...

I think they perform very well with some of our lizards. I give them a try (with proxys) did someone play them in 1000 point games? Are 2 enough with a Star seer and Engineer?

Which of the maschines is the "best" ? I think the cannon?

/edit: same questions for the steam-tank. The model ist pretty nice, what do you think about him (point costs of the tank would be nice too)

Thank you guys !

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  8. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

Steam tank is 300, cannons i think are 180.

9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Cannon 180
    Grudge thrower 120
    Cogsmith 100
    Bolt thrower 120
    Flame cannon 200
    Engineer 80
    Grimm burlockson 100
    Organ gun 120
    Steam tank 300

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Today the list in the OP received its baptism of fire.
    The opponent list:
    The new ogres, with a formation with 3 thundertusks and a hero on a fourth thundertusk, plus 3+3 yethees, 4 sabretusks and a hunter.

They have the first turn, killing the whole crew of a cannon with the vultures and taking 5 skinks with the ambushing tigers.

In my turn i killed a mammoth , hurting the other three and melee one unit of yethees and the tigers with the 2 basti.

For the next round my opponent rolled a 3 and went first (i rolled a 2, twice tnx to starseer)
    With charges and shooting he killed another cannon crew, killed the starseer and a unit of skinks, hurting both the basti and reducing the stegadon to 4 wounds.

In my turn i destroyed the 3 remaining thundertusks and reduced the number of yethees.

Then I won the roll for the turn, and the game. :)

Bowser and dwarfepic like this.
  11. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

Thank you guys for the points!

@Killer Angel: congrats :D would you change something in your list after the game? I think about adding 1-2 cannons and i rly like the stegadon.

/edit: and how essential is the engineer?

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

The list worked pretty nicely. I 'd say it's a solid counter to those annoying lists of heavy hitters.

I cannot add warmachines, as 4 is the max limit for 2000 pts.

And the engineer is simply vital, as all warmachines need the buffs granted by the guy (hint: kill the engineer and you’ll cripple all the artillery)

13. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Good god that list is spikey! Congrats @Killer Angel, you have brought a new flavour of cheese to the forums! :eek:

Great stuff taking out those pesky ogres, they really do suffer from a spectacularly low model count.

Id hate to have to try and play this in an objective game though, I'd feel awful making my dwarfs have to drag their cannons up a hill. Highly mobile MSU armies would also be a pain to fight against too.

Keep us posted, can't wait to hear about Archaon having to complain to his dentist about a cannonball breaking his tooth.

Killer Angel likes this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Oh yeah i was lucky that we rolled the first scenario, so I was basically defending my objective.
    That said, for multiple objectives, skinks are fast and , with stegadon skink alpha support , even faster.
    They could take objectives if I blast from afar the contenders.

About Archaon. .. eh, nasty dude. I already won against him, but only because it was fielded in a 1500 pts list so i was in strong numerical advantage and took the objectives.
    It would be nice to teach him some humility. ;)

Bowser and InfamousBeany like this.