1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 2k steamroll

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Lounge_Lizard, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

Hi! This is my first shot at 2k, and i was thinking of a carry-a-really-big-stick approach. So, wothout firther delay, here goes:

4 x kroxigors - 232 pts.

4 x kroxigors - 232 pts.

4 x kroxigors - 232 pts.

3 x terradons - 105 pts.

3 x salamander hunting packs - 195 pts.

Slann Mage-Priest - 585 pts.
    2nd gen
    Army general
    Battle standard
    plaque of Dominion
    Plaque of Tepok
    Diadem of Power
    (haven't decided on the lores yet)

10 x skink skirmishers - 60 pts.
    blowpipe

blowpipe

blowpipe

Saurus Scar-Veteran - 131 pts.
    Great weapon
    Light armour
    Sotek
    Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

Skink priest - 105 pts.
    Level 1
    Scout
    Cloak of Feathers

Coments pleeeeez! :)

2. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

Oh, by the way, it amounts to 1997 pts. :oops:

3. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Did you steal my army list :meh: ? Because this is almost the exact list (point for point) that I field.

The only suggestions I have is that you drop the BSoSotek in favor of some additional protection (AoQ, etc.), or use those spare points to beef up your skinks.

To beef up your skink contigent, I would consider squeezing in scout on one of your skink units. The idea of your list is to draw your opponent towards you if he wishes to catch your slann, so a scouting skink unit will be able to march block his incoming troops (freeing the terradons to mage/war machine hunt). For the skink units that will be moving all of the time (i.e. every skink unit besides the scouts), I would suggest javelins as you can motor along firing and still have an off-chance of hitting.

Finally, I would not necessarily suggest dropping outright, but you may want to re-evaluate the BSB on your slann. Simply put, I myself have not determined if it is worthwhile to have a BSB in a MSU lone-slann list. On the one hand, the BSB allows your smaller units to have a greater chance of roadblocking in order to set up traps, and gives your slann a +1 to CR (which is nice combined with a flaming sword of Rhuin or Bears Anger). However, with the build of your list you shouldnt be running into situations in which you loose a break test, as your MSU units will be trying to combo charge to break units on the charge. If you are relying on passing a break test that cannot be reliablely passed on the first roll, then something is wrong in the game anyhow. Hence, it comes down to an issue of insurence. Those 25 pts could be invested to make a skink unit scout +3 skinks (with those spare 3 pts), but in the right emergency that +1 CR could allow your slann to beat off a unavoidable skitterleaping skaven assassin.

4. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

I had no idean you fielded a similar list. guess I came up with a solid one :) .

This idea came to mind after a game where i did everything right and still lost because of underperforming and overpriced saurus. I really love my saurus, and fluffwise they should be a must, but in the end of the day only my kroxes bring the laurels of victory home. ;)