1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k Summoning/Dracothian

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Boshea, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

Working on my AoS again since my play group has agreed upon a break from 40k after our latest GT. So started looking after my stuff again with the GHB 2019 changes, which was mostly just point drops. So far working with the following

Allegiance: Seraphon - Mortal Realm: Hysh
    LEADERS
    Slann Starmaster (260) - General - Command Trait : Great Rememberer - Spell : Stellar Tempest
    Skink Starpriest (80) - Spell : Meteoric Convocation
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160) - Artefact : Aetherquartz Brooch
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240) - War Spear - Artefact : Blade of Symmetry

UNITS
    10 x Saurus Knights (160) - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (80) - Lances
    40 x Saurus Warriors (330) - Spears

BATTALIONS
    Dracothion's Tail (80)
    Firelance Starhost (150)
    ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
    Chronomantic Cogs (80)
    Balewind Vortex (40) TOTAL:
    1920/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2
    WOUNDS: 126
    LEADERS: 5/6
    BATTLELINES: 4 (3+)
    BEHEMOTHS: 1/4
    ARTILLERY: 0/4
    ARTEFACTS: 2/3
    ALLIES: 0/400

Hysh for the realm is mostly a theme choice. The idea is Little Skittles ascended to god hood after his illustrious bloodbowl career, and now commands his own army of Seraphon. So using the Starseer as proxy for Slann (have a Slann model if opponent wants to be picky), and painting all the Saurus and Skinks skittle rainbow colour. So rainbow paint scheme makes sense for realm of light.

Still have 80 points to work with and a free artefact, just not really sure what I want to fill the last piece.
    -2nd Starpriest or regular Priest
    -5 more Knights
    -Another Endless spell and command point.
    Spell seems like the front runner since I can toss the Starpriest up to throw a Purple Sun or Maelefic Maelstrom in to the enemy lines turn one, then pull him back with the extra teleport.

As for Artefacts. Aetherquartz Brooch combined with Dracothian's abiltiy should allow easy stacking for the Carnovets command ability. Blade of Symmetry seems like the best offensive option out of the available pool. Unsure if its better going on Coldvet or Carnovet. For the last artefact I'm unsure if if I should get a defensive relic on to the Slann, or double down and get a second weapon relic so both vets have one.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    RageCage and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Dracothion's Tail is an awesome platform for summoning. As for the remainder of your points I would take some endless spells.

I love the theme of your army. Be sure to post pics at somepoint.

3. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

I got a painting pledge on B&C to finish first then I can start working on AoS again. Need to strip what I have to re-prime for contrast, since I didn't like my airbrush method.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Lizard God of Lizard Gods
    Skink

Lizard God of Lizard Gods New Member

I would put the starpriest in so your not using a extra spell on him that can go towards summoning

but yea after your 40 blob of warriors goes in what do you want to happen after that because I am looking at the list and its not a lot because if you want to go into summmoning you got to go all-in not just a have a slann and call it a day

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

There is a Starpriest in there, formatting just sucks. Ended up settling on this for now
    Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260) - General - Trait: Great Rememberer - Spell: Meteoric Convocation
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160) - Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240) - War Spear - Artefact: Blade of Symmetry
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100) - Artefact: Coronal Shield
    Skink Starpriest (80) - Spell: Mystical Unforging
    Skink Starpriest (80) - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Battleline
    40 x Saurus Warriors (330) - Spears
    Battalions
    Dracothion's Tail (80)
    Firelance Starhost (150)
    Endless Spells / Terrain
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (80)
    Prismatic Palisade (30)
    Purple Sun of Shyish (50)
    Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 2
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 120

Plan would be have the 40 block go in, with the 10 going in on a flank. Then Starpriests just go around being annoying with buffs and Endless Spells while the Slaan brings in reinforcements.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Looks fun. That is a lot of Saurus. The potential for some massive exploding 6's on the Warrior block is very attractive.