1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k Thunderquake summoning list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lord_Dor'i'toad, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Lord_Dor'i'toad
    Skink

Lord_Dor'i'toad New Member

Retooling my 2k TQ list and adding summoning to it.

Leaders:
    Lord Dor'i'toad (Slann Starmaster) 260
    -Great Rememberer

Skink Starpriest 80

Saurus Astrolith Banner Bearer 160

EOTGs (Red) 220
    EOTGs (Blue) 220

Troops:
    10 Skinks blowpipes/star buckler 60

Behemoths:
    Bastiladon w/Solar 280
    Bastiladon w/Solar 280

Other:
    Kroxigor w/ Moonhammer 160

ES:
    Balewind Vortex 40

Warscroll Battalions:
    Thunderquake 120

Total: 2000

For the Engines I have two 3 man Ripper squads, two 20 man Skinks w/blowpipes & shields and three 10 man Sauras Warrior squads. They will first bring in the Rippers, then Skinks and if they get to them then the Warriors. The Slann will summon in either a 3rd Engine (Yellow) or 3rd Bastiladon depending on how the game is going. I also have three 5 man squads of Sauras Knights if the game goes that long after those two big dinos have been brought it.

Open to thoughts on this list and what I plan to bring in from summoning and the engines.

Thanks.

2. Taipan
    Temple Guard

Taipan Member

I'd drop one of the Engines, because its summoning isn't guaranteed and it's really not as a big a deal as the Celestial summoning. Kroxigor are interesting, I have yet to try them with TQ as I would normally use Salamanders instead.

I would also get Chronomantic Cogs at minimum, as it adds another casting, which means another 3 summoning points. Plus you can always switch modes if you want to speed up your movement and charging later in the game. With Balewind and Cogs out, you generate 13+D3 Turn 1, and then 16+D3 every turn after (assuming no dispels and the Astrolith stays alive). The Slann will quickly outpace 2 Engines in how much infantry you can bring on, and you can choose from a wider selection of units.

I'd pump up one of the Skink squads to 30 or 40 strong, just so you have a solid chaff wall in case you get Turn 1 charged (entirely possible with some armies now, even without Cogs buffing them).

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

For the EotG summoning I think Rippers and Skinks (maybe Terradons for the bombs) will work well.

4. BlacKnight
    Skink

BlacKnight New Member

I tend to like terradons over ripperdactals for summoning. You only get to place a bloat toad if the ripperdactals start the game on the board. Without those toads, they aren't nearly as good.

5. Lord_Dor'i'toad
    Skink

Lord_Dor'i'toad New Member

Not true. I read an FaQ where they said that you place a bloat toad when a squad of Rippers comes on the board. For summoning and from the Shadow strike battalion since the Rippers can start off the board "in the skys".

6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Source?
    IIRC it was that you have to place it in the hero phase. But if you summon them that happens in the movement phase so since the hero phase is already through at that point you cannot place it.

BlacKnight likes this.
  7. Lorrec
    Skink

Lorrec Active Member

Don’t forget, with Thuderquake you also need a unit of Sally’s or Razordons with handlers. List looks fun!

8. BlacKnight
    Skink

BlacKnight New Member

Nah, the OP met the requirements in his list. On pg 134 of our battletome:
    "Either of the following:
    • 1 unit of Kroxigor
    • 1 unit of Skink Handlers, and 1 unit of Razordons or Salamanders"
    He has the unit of the Kroxigor in his list, so he's not required to also pick a unit of skink handlers and a unit of salamanders/razordons.

Aginor and Lorrec like this.
  9. BlacKnight
    Skink

BlacKnight New Member

I'm fairly certain that wasn't in the case of the FAQs in the past, but past FAQs don't matter anymore. It's only the current ones that count.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/...f_sigmar_seraphon_designers_commentary_en.pdf

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_seraphon_errata_en.pdf

So per the FAQs in the Designer's Commentary, you may place a bloat toad if a unit of Ripperdactyls is placed in reserve, but that's it. We have to use the rules that are actually written on the warscroll. So it's only the ripperdactyls that you have in your list at the beginning of the game that generate bloat toads.

10. Nefertem
    Temple Guard

Nefertem Well-Known Member

And those summoned by an eotg in the first hero phase. Per ripper rules you place a toad marker in your first hero phase per unit. So by summoning one unit of rippers via eotg, which happens in the hero phase, you can place another one.