1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 300pts Escalation League

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lustrian Giant, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Lustrian Giant
    Chameleon Skink

Lustrian Giant Well-Known Member

So next week is the start of season 2 of my stores escalation league. As the title says, its 300pts. Not sure what to expect, but this is my current list for it. (No items or traits yet)

Skink Priest (general)

10 Skinks ×2
    5 Saurus Knights

Another list I was debating would be

Skink Priest/Starpriest

10 Skinks

3 Kroxigor

Not sure what to expect, but the other armys are:
    Stormcast Eternals
    Blades of Khorne
    Sylvaneth (Dryad spam)
    Skeleton Horde

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

honestly at 300 points id take a skink starpriest and saurus guard. 80, 90x2 leaves 40 points left over for an endless spell like BWV. metoric convocation as the SP lore spell can drop most minor heroes or at least really bang them up. at 300 points you wont likely see more than one opposing hero, and the extra range from the vortex and +1 save will protect yours. additionally at lower points mortal wounds are far less prevalent, so the guard are gonna be very strong.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    LizardWizard likes this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

your second list isn't valid unless they house rules for only 1 battleline due to low points total

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Lustrian Giant
    Chameleon Skink

Saurus gaurd are 80pts so that would leave me with 60, but sadly I dont own any endless spells, but I might still use this with an Eternity warden for the buffs for the gaurd.

Did not realise this, however the shop house rules the 1 battline for this low pts count, in order to allow more variation in the lists.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

ok if I only have to hit one battleline…. Skink starprist for 80, 10 skinks for 70 (150 leaving 150) scar vet on cold one for 100 and a single razordon

you win. use the skinks to claim objectives, use the scar vet to eat anything in front of it and use the razordon to protect the star preist, remember no slann means only one teleport a turn

LizardWizard and Lustrian Giant like this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

These are the two list I would take for 300pts:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    -Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders:
    Skink Starpriest
    (80)
    - General
    - Trait: Master of Star Rituals
    - Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
    - Spell: Meteoric Convocation

Battleline:
    10 x Saurus Warriors (90)
    - Clubs

Units:
    3 x Razordons (120)

Total: 290 / 300
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 23

Allegiance: Seraphon
    -Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders:
    Skink Starpriest
    (80)
    - General
    - Trait: Master of Star Rituals
    - Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
    - Spell: Claws of Glory

Battleline:
    5 x Saurus Guard (80)

Units:
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)

Total: 300 / 300
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 18

7. Lustrian Giant
    Chameleon Skink

So today is the first day of the Escaltion League. Final rules have been made and this is what I've come up with.

General:
    Saurus Sunblood
    -Demensional Blade/Grythstryke
    (will be chosen when opposing army is known)
    -Thickly Scaled Hide

Battleline:
    Saurus Warriors ×10
    -Clubs
    Saurus Warriors ×10
    -Clubs

Wounds: 27

This will be my main list, but I also have a secondary list made up and ready.

General:
    Scar-Veteran on Coldone
    -Coronal Shield
    -Mighty War Leader

Battleline:
    Saurus Knights ×5
    -Lances
    Saurus Knights ×5
    -Lances

Wounds: 27

Now I know both is these lists are different than the ones I posted here before, but that is because the store has a requirement for each model to have atleast 3 different colors of paint on them. Otherwise you are not eligible to win any of the prizes (store credit), and these are what I have painted (aside from a Skink Priest, and Skink Starpriest)
    While I would love to use Rippers and Razordon I sadly do not own either of them, and there is a restriction of 0 artilary units for this low points game.

What do you all think?

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I think they are both decent Saurus list. The Knights might have more potential due to the ScV command ability. At 300 points the game will be very dicey. If you get an outside of average roll in any of the combat phases that will be the game.

Aginor likes this.
  9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Honestly at 300 points if you are looking to be competitive, you need a caster. Just my opinion,however I absolutely abhor rebuilding others peoples lists to suit what I think is best vs helping them fine tune their own lists and helping them explore their own ideas.

Given that you are going with a saurus list, I would trade out one of the knights for guard. Yes you would give up 5 wounds, but if your opponent doesn't have mortal wounds on the table (id bet less than 50% chance at 300 pts) they will be immovable. Losat them to an objective and leave them there. you will control that objective all game. for the Sunblood…. pretty much cant think of a specific army in which 1 more rend would be better than exploding attacks and wounds on 5+ instead of 6+ would be better... at 300 points that is.

in your second list you have 40pt left over. with no caster a spell isn't going to help, but you could go with a unit of skink handlers, they are absolute garbage, but in a 300 point game, most armies will field a max of 3 units. this would leave you with a "free" 4th unit to utilize for objective control. effectively giving you a 4 vs 3 basketball game where the 4th man is your kid brother. he doesn't have to make any shots... he just has to be there to make them run more or cover him leaving one of your better players open.

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. Lustrian Giant
    Chameleon Skink

Sounds good to me, sadly I dont have any skink handlers and my Saurus gaurd are not painted or I would totally use them.
    And the Demensional Blade makes one weapon Rend -3, which would make just about everything I can go against have no save, most of them having no save even in cover.
    So what I'm looking at is this
    Exploding 5+ or No Save

However, thank you for the input

LizardWizard likes this.
  11. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

you are right about the blade, I'm at work (couldn't look it up due to internet filters) and misremembered its effects (thought it was the add one rend to a weapon artefact) -3 rend is most likely better.

for the handlers you could use 3 skinks with javs and no shields. you can use them with the two knight list as the guard and knights cost the same

LizardWizard likes this.