1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40K Army Choice

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Leethoof, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Leethoof
    Jungle Swarm

Leethoof New Member

For Christmas I got a 125$ gift card and going to buy the Battle for Black Reach set (save the rest for the new lizardmen). I'm not sure whether I should make a full army of Orks or Space Marines though. I don't want to start a new army (considering I already a have a small force of either one). I like the style of play of the melee Uruk-Hai in LOTRSBG, and the Lizardmen for Warhammer. Please tell me which one is closer to these play styles.

2. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks!

Or tyranids. Bur orks are soooooooo fun, and I think the nid models are horrid, even worse than empire :smug: .

Cheers!

3. doom_diver
    Cold One

doom_diver New Member

Well Lets see....

Melee award would go to Choas. Besides easy to convert out of box. Just stick them all in Rhino's.

I personally use Guard. But they suck right now. Need new codex bad....

But yeah............... SQUATS FOREVER!!!!!!!

4. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Rawr, Tyranids!

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Personally, I like Witch Hunters...

6. doom_diver
    Cold One

doom_diver New Member

CC WH are horrible at it. But yeah they rule. exept that there Rhinos are still 50 points ):

7. LuckyNumbrXIII
    Saurus

LuckyNumbrXIII New Member

Space marines are beardy as all hell. Any creative player would get bored with them quick. If you're going for competitive, however, Space marines once done properly, will kick everyone's butt.

8. doom_diver
    Cold One

doom_diver New Member

Best army out there. Dark Eldar.

Heheheheheehehehehe. That is why i think they haven't had a new codex in like....... 10 years...

9. joey goldcoast
    Skink

joey goldcoast New Member

I think if you talking about what to go with out of your box, well Orks would be a good bet. Also using alot of the Space Marine gear you can make some cool Orky conversions. The terminators for example could be used to make some cool meganob conversions and the deffcopters make cool trike conversions too. Also as you have already seen the Orks have just had quite a few new models. But the absolute best bit is that with Orks you can convert as much as you want, Ork fluff. If they think it will work, IT WILL WORK. You could also do what I did and find a mate who would be willing to swap your marines for his Orks. Thats a hell of a good start towards a reasonable good size foot slogging army for not alot of cash

Also the new stompa coming soon is tempting. So if CC is your friend the Orks it is. Nids are ok but Orks are just plain fun.

Hope this helps.

Oh and I forgot, The dreadnought could be used/convert a deffdread.

10. Chosen of Sotek
    Skink

Chosen of Sotek New Member

Looking for a melee oriented army? Well look no further than the Black Templars. They are the epitome of close combat. :D They almost never let me down.

Plus they are space marines and you already got some in your starter set.

Blood Angels are a good choice too if you like jump pack assault units.

Chosen of Sotek